New fur babies in family - Photo added to profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Doober, May 5, 2008.

1. Doober

Doober New Member

All. We have added 2 new fur babies to my house hold.

They are both 6 week old bunnies. The cutest things. We have had bunnies before so this is not something new for me.

I will take a picture and add to profile.

[This Message was Edited on 05/07/2008]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

thats lovely Doober, two wee babies to care for.

Looking forward to photo.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Bunnies!,,,I just have to tell you this story! I made the mistake of falling in love with a cute ,,,,fluffy,,,white bunny at the local Ranch and home store a few years ago when the girls were growing up.,,,,,,,

To Make a long story short,,,,i bought him and the cage and the food and the carrots and the water bottle,,,you get the drift,,,

The kids and i loved him! We named him Bunny,,,,well he grew and grew and grew and almost out grew his cage!,,,,,,,,Big Rabbit by Now!,,,,,,

we had to set him free on a nearby farm,,,,because he got so big and just needed his freedom,,,,,,,although he came back a couple of times on his own to see us,,,,,,it was sad but sweet!,,(We all Cried):(

we had no idea he would get to be a 25 lb rabbit!,,,,,,,,,,lololol,,,I hope yours are smaller!,,,,,,,Your kids are probably loving it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I love bunnies! Here's the two stories of my daughter's and their bunnies:

Older daughter got Sabastion as a birthday gift. She wanted a house rabbit when she was about 15. She had him for about 4 years. He was a Holland Log (quite a large bunny) and was house trained. They make great house pets because if you leave for a few days you just need to put them in the cage and give them plenty of food and water. Just don't leave them loose if you aren't watching them! We loved the bunny and fondly referred to him as Stew. DD didn't find that humorous at all!

Younger daughter "raised" rabbits for 4-H. I put raised in quotes because we must be the only people who couldn't get the rabbits to breed like, well, like rabbits! When one of the does finally got pregnant instead of dropping a bunch of babies she had one, yup, one! I'm sorry I can't remember the breed but the only recognized colors for these were black, blue and chocolate. The one bunny she had was white! Sometimes does eat the babies so we stayed right there while she had them, er, it, to make sure nothing happened. That's exactly what happened, nothing!

Enjoy your little fuzzys. What breed are they?

5. Doober

Doober New Member

I know one of them is a Dutch, the other one we are still checking it out. i have put a picture in the profile and maybe someone has an idea on the grey one?

6. sisland

sisland New Member

Cute Bunnies!,,,Not sure of the other breed eighter,,,,have fun!
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the wee bunnies are just heavenly!!

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

They are adorable. Thanks for sharing
  9. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Look at those little bun buns! Have fun with them!