New Game: What Where?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jan 26, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Goodluck! Hope you guys are up for it! check my bio for the photo,,,
  2. deb0531

deb0531 New Member

I have no idea where or what but it looks like a lovely spot with an unbelievable view. I'll be interested to see what the answer is......
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes it does set in a lovley place!
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Is it somewhere in the Himalayas?
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I know it, however can't remember it, know what I mean,lol? I have seen this picture but won't say what I do know, since I don't know it all. Did that make any sense,hehe. It is rather late for me-Carla
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Is it in Big Sky country?

Of course we all remember the best selling novel from the days of my childhood that gave Montana its nickname. It was made into a movie. Author Bud Guthrie later won a Pulitzer prize and wrote the screenplay for the movie Shane.

Hope that scene is not your backyard. Be some ditch to fall into.

Rock
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the input! Me~~Not in the Himalayas,,,,Carla,,,,Lolol! Go ahead tell us what you Know!,,,,,,,Rock,,,Not in BSC! But Close!,,,,,Yes it is in the USA!

Roc~~~Thanks for reminding me who wrote (is that a word?) That Book!

Keep Guessing!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2008]
  8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Of a place in Northern Ca a little NE of Placerville. The structure could be an old church of some mining community. Or could it also be around the Greenwood, Ca area?? Just how many guesses do we get?? LOL
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

was written by A. B. Guthrie, "Bud" to his friends. I read his book half a century ago.

Rock
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

You get as many guesses as you like!,,,lol Although it's not in CA! But your getting alittle bit warm!
  11. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

ranger station somewhere?
    r
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

you are very warmmm! let's say it has alot to do with the Forest!
  13. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

The first thing I looked for was a forest fire observatory because, well, because that's what it looks like but could not find it.

Maybe, if I'm going in the right direction, I can light a fire under someone else:~)
    r
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Desolation Peak? That would be very cool!
  15. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

It's not desolation peak but I think I have a pic of it with the shutters up. Unfortunately, the page I'm sent to does not include the pic.!
    argh
  16. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

of the same "building" from a different angle but with shutters up in my profile -- or will when it finally shows up. However, I can't find the name of it! If it's not the same it's very close!
    r

17. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm gonna post a pic of a Canadian twin in the interests of international relations.

Here's a pic of the one on Mt. Baldy.

Peace out,
    r
  18. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Your right about it being a Fire lookout!! but not the right name!,,,,,,Keep Googleing Girl!
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

Rifiki,,,,The photo you have up is not the right one but a very impressive 2nd!!!
  20. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

My eyeballs are giving out so I've amended my last post and my pic.

I'll let a Yank find the relevant American one!

Peace to you and many thanks for the game!
    r