New girl on the block

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bubblesgirl, Oct 9, 2005.

1. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am a new girl, having found this site tonight while I should be sleeping!!
    Sounds like I have arrived at the right place as you all seem to have the same varying amount of symptoms as me. I am going through a particularly bad patch at the moment pain wise and just hope the brain fog isn't going to start again. I found that episode very scarey. Only those who have experienced it have any idea what it is like. I live in England and am not aware of anyone else in my area having Fibro. I work full time and am coping, but I often crave to stay in bed even though I know it's bad for me. So I keep focused and continue to push myself into positive thinking. Life in general is great,so why do I have to put up with this wretched problem, has anyone got better from it and how long did it take?
    Look forward to talking with you all.
    Sandy
  2. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

However as always sorry you are here for such a crappy reason! The people here are great and you will get so much info your head will spin! But as you may soon learn educateing ourselves is the first step to getting better...Lord knows the medical community doesn't have us as being very high on their list of important things to help.
    Amy
  3. exhaustedchic

exhaustedchic New Member

Hi Sandy:

This is my first time too. I'm so happy I found this site.
    Yes. Brain fog is definitely something I have had to cope with for years. I don't have any answers yet, but I'm going to educate myself and try to find some. You live in England, so at least you can see a physician whether or not you have money. I live in US. I have no money or medical insurance and cannot afford anything but self help.

There seem to be a lot of us. with all the brain power, experience and wisdom available, I'm sure we will both get some relief.

Regards,

Mary Ann
  4. auntcon

auntcon New Member

Welcome to the site.

This is a great place to learn what's new out there and what others are trying.

And to "talk" with others who know what you are going through. Today, I feel like I've been through one of those old wringer washers.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Con
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm in the States, Ohio to be exact, and just wanted to welcome you to our site. You'll find answers to almost any question you have and will always find someone to try and help you.

Hugz,
    Tona
  6. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Just wanted to say hi and we,come to the board.

hugs,
    brit
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It's nice to meet you. I'm from Canada but there are several from England on this board.

This is a great place to come for education and support.I wish you all the best.

Kathy.
  8. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Hi Mary Ann

Thank you so much for your reply to my message. I guess we are lucky in England to be able to see a GP when we want;although it's free at the point of access we do have to pay a monthly amount to the government whether we are needing to see a GP or not. Our medication costs are beginning to escalate and as I need medication every month my bill is beginning to rise significantly.

On a positive note your medical professional's seem to be more aware of this condition than ours and for some of our GP's there is sceptism that we are not just malingering because they can't see the symptons down a test tube. We are lucky to get a sympathetic GP who will listen and understand that there is trully something wrong with the body. The usual reply is pull yourself together, it's stress,go and get some more exercise. If it were just that simple!!

In the end we are probably facing similar costs it's just reached by different methods. England is changing and there is little really free these days.

Keep talking, nice to hear from you
    Sandy
  9. lilking

lilking New Member

HI SANDY
    WHAT PART OF ENGLAND DO YOU COME FROM?
    I LIVE IN BOSTON LINCOLNSHIRE AND WE
    HAVE SURPORT GROUPS HERE,THEY REALLY
    HELP.LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU ARE FROM
    AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A
    SUPPORT GROUP IN YOU AREA
    BEST WISHES. LILLIE
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

WELCOME to our board/support group! So glad that you found us, but hate to hear that you feel just as crappy as we do!!

I'm glad to hear that you're still able to work full time and cope with life as it is! It is bad to stay in bed forever, even though I do often!! LOL The more you get up and move, the better.

As far as your question: "has anyone gotten better from it, and how long did it take?" My answer is: No, I haven't gotten better, but I am probably quite a bit older than you are, and I have many other health problems in addition to fibro/cfs, that complicate my health.

I look forward to seeing you post often here!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  11. mmeszar

mmeszar New Member

Hi Sandy,

I've gotten slightly better according to my most recent blood tests but don't feel that way many days. I'm fortunate enough to have a terrific medical plan and truly feel for those who do not. I'm also fairly new to this message board but find comfort in reading so many postings about similar CFS symptoms that I'm experiencing that its very spirit lifting. I'm most definitely not alone! I feel like a broken record at times but there is no denying the discomfort experienced among other symptoms on a daily basis. So I hope you find lots of useful information and also comfort in knowing you are not alone in your health battle. Cheers!

Regards,
    Michael (New York)
  12. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Hi Lillie
    Not sure how this site works and whether you will read this thread from here.
    After four exhausting nights of little sleep,i have managed to catch a few hours in the last two nights,so have not been on the computer at 2/3 am.
    Would be grateful for any info you have.

regards

Sandy