New Headshot in Profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Callum, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

Now - if I can only find a commercial agent!
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hello Callum!!! Thanks for sharing the great pic with us. You are a very good-looking man. I'm so sorry that you have to suffer with this nasty illness. But I'm glad that you are part of our ProHealth FMS/CFIDS family.

Lolalee
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Great picture...I'm always suprised to see the guys here though, don't know why.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i thought to myself, well, anyone with fibro or cfs and the many other things that afflict people...have to learn to be good actors..

thank you for sharing you beautiful self.

jodie
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

Thanks for the positive input!

I often wonder where I would be in my career if I hadn't been sick with this DD for the past 13 years. But, in the past, I've wasted so much time on "what-if's".

I guess it's good enough to know that I've been doing something for the past two years that, seven years ago, my doctor said I would never be able to do again. And that is ACT!

Callum
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Its nice to see who we are talking to. You look like a very nice person and Happy thats wonderful to see people here with all of our health problems can still smile.
    What have you done with your acting ? Any TV ?

We use to have a couple of people here that were actors but I havent seen them on for a while.
  7. Callum

Callum New Member

You seem like a very nice person as well - and such joy in the photo with your grandson! He is a very lucky young man to be so loved.

No TV - perhaps no one wants to see my mug on the tube. And I've been cut out of both movies I was in. So, everything I've done of consequence has been onstage (theatre).

Take care!
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

even to get a bit part is difficult...i feel and i think you may agree..it is all about who you know in that business...

for instance i don't mean to be knocking someone who is already way down at the moment...but let's face it, my opinion, anna nicole acting, isn't the best you could see..

but she has the looks...

jodie
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hang in there you should try for commercials you have a great look for that.
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice pic.

I retired a year ago. Spent a lot of time looking back thinking if only this or that or the other thing...

Finally decided the main thing in life is luck. Not terribly profound. On the other certainly not which kids were taught when I was young.

We were to taught study, work hard, be clean, obey the law, act polite, respect your elders, go to church, etc.

But luck will get your farther. What did Ed McMahon ever do but sit on a sofa and laugh at his boss's jokes?

I've read several books and articles where actors (like Tony Randall) say they made movies and tv for money, but what they really loved was the theatre.

Anybody who gets to do what he loves for an occupation is pretty lucky I guess.

Beak a leg.

11. Callum

Callum New Member

Jodie - Anna Nicole - poor thing! Many people do get success purely because of looks. But many other people earn success because of talent, hard-work, and - as Rockgor pointed out - luck. Many of my classmates from grad school are experiencing great success in the entertainment world, and I am proud to say that not one of them made it because of superficial qualities. They all deserve every bit of success they have achieved (I had one classmate who was handsome, and very little else... I was worried that he would be the one to make it, but I think he's waiting tables in a Denny's...)

Carebelle - You are so kind. Perhaps I could land a commercial being a "before" for Rogaine!

Rockgor - I get tired of the physical pain of attempting to do life theatre and keeping the DD in check, but you are correct. I AM happy, because even with the DD I'm doing what I can in a field I love, and I'm lucky enough to have a very supportive partner, who knows I can get cranky when I'm juggling the temp job and rehearsals, and never complains that I contribute a much smaller portion financially than he does, and comes to see every show at least three times, even when I'm out of state!

Tonight, I'm in the middle of a rather rough flare from combining office work during the day and rehearsals for "The Lion in Winter" at night - I have the ol' CFS headache, joint aches, low-grade fever and sore throat... and I still feel blessed.

Best to all of you, and thanks for sharing with me!

12. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

good to see your picture my niece was in theater in chicago Katie Ayers did you ever cross paths. love Gail
  13. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi Callum,

I have only posted once and answered a few but find it just too much to read and absorb. which is sad because this is such a great place and wonderful people. I am able to hang out in chat room for while most evenings.

You just seemed so nice and positive like everyone else here and had such a nice smile, I decided to write.

I have had this DD since Dec 22, 1989 at 2;00 in the afternoon. Well, that is when I found out I had mono at 42, I think. Well, you know the rest.

Keep up the good attitude and smile and laugh a lot. Penny
  14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's a real nice Picture and it is great to see another
    guy on the Board as we are far and in between! Don't
    have a clue as to why other than it being assoc. with
    not wanting to "ask 4 Directions". I think, however,
    that balance is good. You're ill? "But ya look so good"!!

Glad you r on Board,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  15. Callum

Callum New Member

-Hmmm... Katie Ayers sounds familiar. I haven't worked with her, but I may have seen her perform in something.

Penny - Your note was so kind and sweet. Thank you! You've had this DD almost four years longer than I have (mine started with mono, too). You deserve respite from it! All the best.

MrDad - how often have I enjoyed your humor on this board. You truly lift so many people's spirits just by being yourself. Thank you for sharing that. And here's to the men!

Callum