NEW HERE and live in TX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ctdallas, Oct 3, 2002.

1. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hi everyone ~

Today I finally signed up after visiting the board since June. My doc sent me home with the site! I have had the fibro sine 1988 for sure after a fall on my tailbone just after my son was born and a stressful breakup with factors I do not wish to revisit..I now live in the dallas area, near my family. I am 45 and a single mother, head of household. I have been blessed to find a job that is full timeand flexible enough to keep. I have to work serval other merchandising jobs to make ends meet. I am only able to work with meds .. if I run out of the pain meds forget it, there are day s I can't move. I am working with my doc about keeping my dosage correct. Looking back, I was denied Social security back in 94-95 in Mich, and never thought I would ever be this far.. The weather (sunshine) has helped me. Now, I am medicated and feeling good at the moment, so life is positive. I am glad to have finally taken the step to sign up & to be able to ask questions.. The online prescriptions topic really got me going.

I have the mycroplasma infection underneath all of this. I have very extensive blood work doen to get to this point. A DO doc back in Mich originally mentioned the word Fibromyalgia.

My current treaatment is the following daily regime:
    Minocycline one tab 2 x day
    Cortisone Half tab 2 x day
    Zanaflex 2-3 tabs @ bedtime (I can’t tolerate during the day, but works great fo rsleep and the docs like to prescribe)
    Soma one tab 3-5 x day
    Lortab one tab upon waking@ 6AM, one about noon, one or two about 6-7PM, & one more later in the evening.
    For asthma
    Singulair one tab daily (Ventolin Inhaler as needed)
    Serevent one puff 2 x day
    PanMist LA as needed help boost the pain meds

I do not have a back up doc yet so I am curious to hear from anyone that has used the ONLINE services

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2002]
  2. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hi everyone ~

Today I finally signed up after visiting the board since June. My doc sent me home with the site! I have had the fibro sine 1988 for sure after a fall on my tailbone just after my son was born and a stressful breakup with factors I do not wish to revisit..I now live in the dallas area, near my family. I am 45 and a single mother, head of household. I have been blessed to find a job that is full timeand flexible enough to keep. I have to work serval other merchandising jobs to make ends meet. I am only able to work with meds .. if I run out of the pain meds forget it, there are day s I can't move. I am working with my doc about keeping my dosage correct. Looking back, I was denied Social security back in 94-95 in Mich, and never thought I would ever be this far.. The weather (sunshine) has helped me. Now, I am medicated and feeling good at the moment, so life is positive. I am glad to have finally taken the step to sign up & to be able to ask questions.. The online prescriptions topic really got me going.

I have the mycroplasma infection underneath all of this. I have very extensive blood work doen to get to this point. A DO doc back in Mich originally mentioned the word Fibromyalgia.

My current treaatment is the following daily regime:
    Minocycline one tab 2 x day
    Cortisone Half tab 2 x day
    Zanaflex 2-3 tabs @ bedtime (I can’t tolerate during the day, but works great fo rsleep and the docs like to prescribe)
    Soma one tab 3-5 x day
    Lortab one tab upon waking@ 6AM, one about noon, one or two about 6-7PM, & one more later in the evening.
    For asthma
    Singulair one tab daily (Ventolin Inhaler as needed)
    Serevent one puff 2 x day
    PanMist LA as needed help boost the pain meds

I do not have a back up doc yet so I am curious to hear from anyone that has used the ONLINE services

3. pamela

pamela New Member

I want to welcome you to this wonderful site!! Wow I thought I was bad--I take some meds mainly supplements and vitamins--I can't take meds other than 1 type of pain med due to major chemical sensitivity. Of course we do live in the same state-I live in Austin!!! Yes it's been a real hot, miserable summer I know what you mean about the CFS. I have FMS and lots of pain and fatigue so I know what you mean.

Well gotta go-See Ya--Pamela
  4. Marilynn

Marilynn New Member

I am new to this site as well although I have been reading for awhile. I have found lots of helpful info and tips too! I just started on Celebrex myself on Tuesday to see if it will relief any of my pain. You sure have to take a lot of medication to get through the day don't you. But I understand as I own/manage a small motel and have to use quite a few painkillers to get through the day too. I have never used the Online RX services myself so don't know anything about that. Glad to meet you! Marilynn
  5. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

So you manage a motel, what kind of pain meds are you on?
  6. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

It is great to have a TX connection or network going on here
    Just checking in TTYL
  7. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Marilynn~

Sorry I remember I could not take tghe Celebrex due to Asthma. This site is very informative.
    Where do you live?
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey--Nice to meet you CT! I am new to the board, as well--I live about 3 1/2 hrs. south of you, in the Hill Country of Texas. I am a native Michigander--like you, too! We had a mild summer this summer--perhaps if next summer is like most, you will be wishing for some of that milder Michigan--sunshine :)
    Just wanted to pop in---and say "hi"...
    Karen
  9. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Hello, I am also from Texas, I live in Houston. I was the one that was all for online docs in case you need it. I used them for 2 years and really ran into some very good doctors. If you have any questions, just look @ my bio and my email address is there. I am not selling anything, just have had the experience. I also agree with Mikie that you should be under a doctors care and be responsible about what you take, but the same thing goes for all the herbs, vitiamins, oils, etc. Most of them aren't even FDA approved. At least when you are taking a prescription from a doc you know what it is.
    Good Luck and welcome,
    Cindy
  10. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hello Cindy ~
    Nice to Meet You
    Thanks for replying to me about the online scripts I will contact you to discuss further. I too agree that we need to be under a Doctors care and am only looking to perhaps supplement or in case of no DOC?? Who knows I am just curious.

Catharine
  11. yellowrose1

yellowrose1 New Member

Wanted to stop and say "hey" also. I'm pretty new here also and have learned sssoooooo much already. Mostly that we are in the company of good people that care and will listen, then share their experiences with us. I'm learned so much here, I'm now educating my family and some of the Drs.lol
    Nice to meet you. ttyl
    Sonya
  12. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

Well, my husband's job is here, I kind of tolerate it, I am tired of the heat. I take 25 mg. of xanax on occasion to sleep, I don't dare have caffeine, I'll bounce off the walls. I have cfs. Too much stress and my husband has been very ill the past two years, this plus three teens.My fatigue has been tolerable the last week, I am amazed, just last month I lived in bed.Well, I hope we Texans keep in touch!
  13. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

I am thrilled to be involved here and that we Texans can help each other with docs etc..
  14. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hi Linda~

I do as much vounteer stuff as possibel with my son's school and working with the kids (especially the little ones is very physically demanding) Mine is now 13, but I always enjoy seeing what going on, the interaction, etc..

I will keep in touch Catharine
  15. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Hi ctDallas ; alote of texans here! I live close to Whitney Texas! I read more than i post because of rsd in hand! I also have fm, Ibs, DDD ,cpt. Its in my profile!Just wonted to say welcome!
  16. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hi deb~

Where is Whitney near?
    What is the situation with your hands called? -- I get extreme stiffnessness in my right hand mostly and some weakness (like I am going to drop something)
    Nice to meet another Texan here
  17. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

Hi Sonya ~ Missed your port the other day Nice to meet ya!
  18. granmama

granmama New Member

Welcome to the board!
    I live in the Lone Star state too, just southwest of Ft. Worth, in Granbury.
    We live a block from the lake and I really enjoy visting the courthouse square on my good days. We have so many quaint shops full of gifts and antiques, not to mention all our celebrations.
    Someday, you will have to visit our little town, we get many tourists on the weekends and special functions.

Take care,
    granmama
  19. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

HI Granama ~

Nice to meet you, I have been to Granbury and it is a delightful town. Talk to you soon

20. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Whitney is about 30 miles north of Waco Tex. Iam 15 miles south of Whitney! RSD is Reflex sympathetic dystrophy! I had Ct. surgery and had never heard of it until i got it! It hurt bad . Swelling ;numness; cold; heat; sharp pain that shoots all the way up tp my neck. and it has now spread in my right foot. Today weather cool and everything is flared up! You can just type in RSD on internet and it will come up! Read about it !OH Yea!Iam 55 miles south of FT, worth! Have agood day you are in my prayers! DEB