New here and need help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mommyof4, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Mommyof4

Mommyof4 New Member

I was diagnosed with FM in 1997 at the age of 24. I had it sooooo bad for a bout a year and a half. I couln't stand, sit lay down or sleep with out pain in every joint in my body and such fatigue I couldn't stand it. Well, some how I went into remission until about 2 months ago. I felt it coming back and was petrified at the thought of this again!!!
    Someone said "Do you ever feel like there is somthing else wrong"? Yes, and I think that is bcause there is. Fibromyalgia and CFS are generic names. Kind of like when your sick and the docotr doesn't know what to do for you and he sasys "It probably just a virus". I know my body and I know that somthing else is wrong. Problem is no one knows what to call it or what it is so they call it Fibromyalgia.

I had mono at the age of 16 and have never been the same since. I used to be a ballerina (13 years at that point)gymnast, cheerleader, gifted intellectually, high IQ. But once that mono struck I never regained my same level of activity and energy or brain capacity lol.

I remember how bad it was the first time around. I can;t imagine how I am going to do this again!! This is just robbing me of my life. My children are 10.9.6 and 11 months. I can't even function well enough to care for them like I want to.

As I write this I have an excrusiating (sp?) MIGRAINE. I'm in tears and can't stop this pain. I have had it since 4pm this afternoon. I've taken ibuprofen, 3 doses of ZOMIG and I just don't know what else to do. I feel like my head is going to explode.

If this is what mylife is going to be, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to handle this.

I look like a healthy, skinny, cute 29 year old. I dont LOOK sick. Everytime I mention this to anyone, if feel like they think I'm faking because I look like a normal person. All though lately all I am is a tired p[ale worn out person.
    I've also started studdering.......I've always been very articualte and now I start to say a worf and I sound like that guy OZZIE LOL!

I don't know how you all do it but I commend you and want to say that you are my heroes. You have been equipped with strength that you dont even know that you have. I know sometimes it feels like you have none but most "regular" people couldn't deal with all of this. You can and if you believe that in your heart it will transfer to your body and you will find he strength when you need it.

I'm going to stop now since Ive already gone way past rambling.
    If you have any ideas for my headache please let me know.
    All of the best to you.

Rebekah

2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

It 1:10 in the morning, could not sleep, turned the 'puter on and found your post, my heart goes out to you. Welcome to the board.

Clair Davies wrote "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook--Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief" basing his facts and techniques from Travell who wrote the Bible for professionals in treating trigger point.

In this book he shows us how to help ourselves and migraines are addressed several times. I just bought mine (it had been recommended here on the board) and am excited about using it. Personally I don't have migraines,but there probably will be someone along who has first hand information. One of my coworkers use Imitrex (that spelling looks wrong) she says it has been working.

I hope sharing on the board will help you in some way. Fondly, June
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Rebekah, welcome to our world, bad as these illnesses are, we do have one another on this board.

I had also went into remission twice with the FM, both times for about a year. I though I was 'cured', but it came back with a vengence.

I have been fighting this now for over 20 years, I raised my children with this also. I sure can relate to how you feel. My daughter was about 4-5 months old, two sons 6 and 9 years old, when I realized something was terribly wrong with me with all this darn pain.

I was very much a type 'A' person also, but not a ballerina, I always say if I had my life to live over, that would be one of the things I would want to do, be a ballerina, tennis player and a Profiler! Quite a streatch huh?? Oh well, we all have dreams.

I am at the least 80% better than when I first came on this board over two years ago. When I have a Flare now, it only lasts 3-5 days, were before this, it would last for weeks or months.

The very main thing for us is magnesium, we are mostly all deficient in this very important mineral, it affects over 300 parts of our bodies from the brain to the numbness we get in our toes and also the pain and the anxiety too.

With all that I had taken, and what I take now,the magnesium and drinking water has made the most impact on the FM.

I am reading a book now, that is one big eye opener, its called; 'The Miracle of Magnesium' by Carolyn Dean, MD, ND.

It confirmed what has been happening to me. I am soooo much better for taking magnesium.

I do not take meds anymore, except for a low dose of Xanax once a day in the evening for 'racing brain syndrome', everything else I take is supplements. (I have no problem with anyone taking meds, but I am allergic to most all pain meds, and antibotics).

If you are interested I will print out what I am doing that is helping me so much.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope you stay with us.

Shalom, Shirl