New Here...and Scared

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by crshore, May 9, 2014.

1. crshore

crshore Member

Hi, everyone. My name is Christine and I am new here.

TO make a long story very short, I've been sick for almost two years. I've been treated for Lyme disease for about one year, but during the last six months, I have gotten sicker and sicker and am homebound and 90% bedridden due to extreme fatigue and weakness.

I'm scared because before this, two years ago, I was healthy, active and working.

I think I could just use gentle hugs and understanding! I look forward to getting to know you.
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Christine, do join in on the other threads. We all where healthy active and working once so do understand how you feel. Hopefully your health will take a turn for the better. Worry is never a good advisor even though it can be scary to see your life take such drastic changes. Keep an eye on the good things in life even on your worst days. Many of us come on here to simply have a laugh with people who are in similar situations and don't need explanation. It's good to make sure to take time out to take your mind off of being ill every day too. Hang in there and know you are still the wonderful person you are even if you can no longer do the things you used to be able to do.
    gb66 likes this.
  3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Hello Christine and welcome to the board. I'm so sorry you're having this difficulty. It's very hard to be so ill. We can all identify with that.

Like Soul said in her post, we were all healthy and active when stuck down by these illnesses. I have CFS/FM but have strongly suspected I may have Lyme Disease also. I was bitten by something when I became ill. Had a big red rash.

I know it will make you feel better to talk to others who are going through the same type of illness that you have. We all have just about the same symptoms.

Please come and post with us anytime about anything, you're always welcome here. If you feel up to it, check out some of the song games that we play. It makes me feel so much better to laugh for a little while.

There is a poster here named 'Nanie 46' who has Lyme also, and she can give you lots of valuable information. I hope you can talk to her. Take care and talk to you later. Hugs, GB66
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Christine

Welcome to the board. Let me give you a quick tour. If you click on "Forums" at the top
    of the page, you can see the table of contents for the different boards. The porch, where
    "The Porchlight is On" is a thread with no topic. Folks just drop by and talk about what
    is going on with them. A good place to chat about kids, relatives, pets, TV shows, movies,
    books, old music, new recipes, pet peeves, etc.

You can find the board rules at the top of the page (blue line). We avoid contentious
    topics like religion and politics. Click on "Shop" if you want info about supplements.
    "Supplement News" has reports about developments; research; etc. There is a tool bar
    at the top of box where you type messages. You can change the font, add color, etc.

At the bottom of the page, right hand corner, you can see who else is on the board. You
    can do an instant chat after you have signed in. I am still learning about this feature.

If you click on a poster's avatar, you can get some info and pull up posts from the past.

I have CFS; very little energy; was born during the Roosevelt administration. Thank
    goodness I've kept my stunning good looks and sense of humor. Understandably, this
    board is my social life.

Feel free to ask questions. There is usually somebody with helpful info.

Rock
    gb66 likes this.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Christine,

I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick. I understand how difficult that can be.

I treated for Lyme disease for 3 1/2 years. I did get much better, especially the fatigue, brain fog and insomnia. The pain got better too, but I still have pain and stiffness.

It did help me a lot to correct hormone imbalances and address adrenal fatigue.

I suspect heavy metals may be contributing to this, along with some genetic mutations. I had some testing done through 23andme and it showed MTHFR mutations and others that create detox problems, etc.

Did you treat with a LLMD who follows ILADS guidelines?

I keep learning more and more all the time. It is such a complex issue.

Dr Horowitz recently wrote a book called, "Why Can't I Get Better?" He says that it really should be called Multi-systemic infectious disease syndrome" because there is so much more to it than just Lyme. Here is a link to a review of his book. http://lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/book-review-horowitz.html

Perhaps it would help you to get his book and consider the issues that he discusses.

It is very possible too, that you have coinfections of Lyme, such as Bartonella, Babesia, and others.

I recently posted a lot of Lyme disease links on the thread in the following link. Perhaps some info there could also help you:

http://forums.prohealth.com/forums/...in-etc-could-be-tick-borne-infections.264332/

Feel free to send me a private message also, if I can help you in any way. To do that, just click on my user name...a big gray box comes up, and click on "start a conversation". "Conversations" are private.

Please come back often, we are here to support you!
    gb66 likes this.
  6. ninkinindy

ninkinindy Member

"Scared" - there are probably many things you are scared about, and they may be all piling up on you at the same time. I've found it useful to separate fears, feelings, pretty much anything that's overwhelming me into smaller parts of the whole. They feel more manageable that way. I do that by writing. Physically, I can write while in bed. I can't write script anymore and often my printing is atrocious, but since you're the only one who's going to see it. Or if you have a laptop you can use that. It doesn't matter how you do it - just try to break things down into smaller parts, any way that works for you.
    gb66 likes this.