New here! been ill for 2.5 years

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Dec 12, 2005.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

Hey everyone I am a 37 year old man,
    about 2.5 years ago I got sick with the flu 3 times in 3 weeks during the summer and never recovered from the last. My symptoms are dizziness, fog, many sensations worst being burning/cold, visual probs, stuffy nose/ears, complete exsaustion, very bad leg pain, flushing, flu like feeling and sinus problems. Oh how could I forget about the gastro problems and the peeing 4 times one day and 15 times the next.

My first dx was anxiety, which I have suffered most of my life, then they thought it was inner ear. Later, after ear testing, it was changed to CFIDS, a month later changed to CFIDS/Fibro. The latest dx is lyme, even though I never tested positive for it. However I did test positive to babesia and treatment for lyme started the next day.

I have tested positive to EBV, CMV, HHV-6, ANA, high cholesterol, ENG showed dizziness due to central and perifferal and babesia, a co-infection to lyme. I have been infusing antibiotics for 6 months and have not felt any differant so I still consider myself to have CFIDS.

Hopefully there are some success stories here to help give me some hope to getting my life back and I know I can be helpfull to those that are new to CFIDS.
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Your story and symptoms sound just like mine and how this whole mess started..

I wish I could give you some encoragement but I still suffer with most of the symptoms..They seem to be much worse if I try to do normal things such as going to the grocery store..I have yet to learn to pace myself and I feel that is the number one thing we have to do..

When I first started having symptoms I was dx. for 2 years with anxiety/depression, which I still have..but I knew there was something else going on with my body..I was finally given a dx of cfids by an internest/rheumy..As far as treatment everyone I have seen seems to be clueless so I feel I am left hanging by a thread..

I take xanax for anxiety, can't tolerate antidepressants and I have just started and antibodic, antihistimine, and flonase for the sinus, allergy symptoms which I seem to have all the time..

I was 58 when I was first dx and that was almost 5 years ago so with me being older could be an issue with my healing progress..There are sucess stories and with good doctors I feel you will improve..

Where I live we do not have very good docs, they are ok for the minor things but thats about it..Since I now suffer with agoraphobia I can not yet travel out of town to a good doctor so that could have a lot to do with my illness not improving..

So don't ever give up...What meds are you on and what doctors are you seeing?

Welcome and good luck,
    greatgran

3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I'm some what new here to and let me tell you there is so munch info here you could read for days just researching. I was dx with FM in june of this year and this place has been very helpful. Just ask any question and it'll be answered by some one and a lot of the times you'll receive answers from both sides pros/cons
  4. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I am new to the board as well. Everyone here has some great ideas and are willing to help.

It is a good place to share resources as our disease is so misunderstood.

Best of luck,
    Shana
  5. damz68

damz68 New Member

GreatGran,
    At the moment I am infusing lavaquin and taking oral minocine and flagyl for lyme/babesia. I am taking 300mg of lyrica a day, a betablocker called meteprolol and zantac. I also take acidophilus and magnesium/calcium supplement.

On my next trip to Dr I plan on getting a glutathione infusion and then I think my picc line will be removed, I hope it is cause it has been buging me lately.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, looks like there is a lot of newbies. Anyone know how many members are here.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are so ill, but am glad you found our little world here, lots of information from our great members, and don't forget to read the Library, and also the 'Store' links as well.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl