New here-CFIDS for12 yrs. need Dr. in So.Ca.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ally51, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ally51

ally51 New Member

Just found this site and am curious if anyone knows of a good Dr. or center for CFIDS? Am in the Orange County area and am also looking for a good general Dr. Mine retired and can't find one who is willing to take on my needs seriously. Thanks for any input at all!!!!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. We do have many members from your area, and I am sure they will be glad to share their doctors with you.

Also we have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page, lots of good doctors listed there too.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. sk8ter

sk8ter New Member

I have a great doc in Del Mar. A little bit of a drive but he is well worth it. Have been in Orange county and there are very few who are up on mycoplasmas, lyme and correct testing.
    His name is Dr. Lesko and call info and ask for Del Mar. Also the fcc in Torrance is suppose to be one of the best in the country.
    Hope this helps.
    Sk8ter
  4. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Welcome to the message board here. It's a great little community!

I love my doctor. He's a rheumatologist in Riverside. He treats both CFS and FM.

He believes many of us have underlying virus & bacteria infections and tests and treats accordingly. He's also familiar with the diagnosis of hypercoagulation that many have talked about here.

He has a website if you'd like to search for it. The board rules don't allow us to post commercial website addresses. His name is Dr. Franco and the name of his business is The Arthritis Center.

I have heard good things about the Fibro & Fatigue Center in Torrance, too. It's the original one.

Good Luck in your quest!

Laurie
  5. ally51

ally51 New Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I am also new to using a computer so may take awhile to completely figure this whole messaging system out. Alice
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been here for over four years now, AND that was the first time I used a computer too :) If you need help, just ask we do have some computer experts around here too!

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

If you go to centerwatch.com which is a data base for clinical trials there is a dr at Charles Drew University who is doing a trial on CFS. Don't know much about it but if you could get in ( i know that he was hurtin for patients for the study) he would probably do a good work up.

I can't go cause I'm too far away like 5 hours but the dr doing the study was on Good Morning America or one of the shows so he could be good and it would be free for you. I can't remember his name.
  8. Rene

Rene New Member

I looked it up for you. Dr Friedman or Dr Zuckerbraun 323-563-9353 to call for the study. Dr website is goodhormonehealth.com you will be compensated too per centerwatch's web site. CLick on infectious disease.
    Rene
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

10. Rene

Rene New Member