new here- Chiropractor question?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by moon~maiden, Jan 17, 2010.

1. moon~maiden

moon~maiden New Member

Hello! I'm Cheryl, I'm 35, and was diagnosed about 12 years ago with Fibromyalgia. I have it managed very well with hardly any problems now, mostly with a combo of diet (hardly any caffeine, low sugar) exercise and body work when I need it. In the past I have mostly done acupuncture and massage, but neither are covered by my insurance plan. Lately I have heard about chiropractic care helping for Fibro, up until this point I have dismissed it- but it *is* covered by my plan. I am pregnant with my second child and I need to do something to keep me from getting flared up with the extra weight and posture changes.

There seems to be a few different types of chiropractic care and I am wondering if anyone has any input or experience and could recommend a specific type of care I should look for?

thanks in advance.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

There was a problem where posts were landing on the Health Board from the Fibromyalgia Board and the Chit Chat Boards. Now try to post this again on the Fibromyalgia Board to see if it will go there as you will get so much help there and they are wonderful people. Good luck and hugs.
  3. moon~maiden

moon~maiden New Member

oh snap, I did intend for it to go on the fibro board, sorry! I did repost it, thanks for the reply.
  4. Si Titran

Si Titran New Member

I think it depends on the doctor. I was going to one for headaches, and he really helped, when years of other type of doctors hadn't. The problem with chiropractor's though, is that its an ongoing process with them. They'll want you to come several times a week, if they feel like they can treat you. This was my trouble. I had time to go.... but even with insurance at the time it ended up being A LOT of money.

It never hurts to call a few offices and inquire.