New here, great to meet all of you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Redshadow, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

Hello,
    I just joined here's a bit of my background short version :^) I was always a very healthy child, into karate, fencing and swimming then not too long ago I use to teach aerobic classes and worked as a secretary during college. After I graduated college I worked at the university I then started to get sick just about every month there, weird viruses and strep throat and labyrinthitis also diagnosed with GERD as well. A year later went to work for the Government. I started with the chronic vertigo and dizziness, low grade fevers after a couple of years of working there, then my thyroid died, then had constant high blood pressure, insomnia, IBS, trouble with my vision, esophageal spasms, weak limbs, burning muscles then the unbearable electrical body pain, tremors, aches and joint pain. Eventually diagnosed with FM/CFS but as one Doctor put it, FM/CFS is just a wastebasket for something we don't know about, most Doctors don't even acknowledge it. Did all the diets, the supplements even physical therapy (OWWWW!!) and acupuncture (did help a bit with the muscle pain did nothing for the vertigo but make it worse), spinal tap, MRIs, blood work have seen over 30 Doctors. Not one doctor can explain why I have what I have. I sure hope they change the name of CFS to something with the word disease in it. As you all know, it's like having the never-ending flu. I only have a couple more docs to check out before my last stop to the Mayo Clinic.

2. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I'm newer here too...

I have had the vertigo...along with a lot of the stuff you put down...(Homeopathy worked for my vertigo...I don't know why, but it did)

Take alook around at the threads that look like they pertain to you, and look thru the Library...there are many articles to peruse...

Nice to meet you : )

Suz
  3. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

Hey Suz,
    Nice to meet you too :^)
    I have to ask with the homeopathy, what did you do for that?
    Certain supplements that you took? I'd be so grateful for any info you have.
    Thanks,
    Red
  4. tinktink

tinktink New Member

You will find a lot of good information here. Just keep reading the posts. I have recently been diagnosed with FM and believe I have had CFS most of my life. I have a lot of what you describe. I have felt like I have had the flu everyday for about a year and a half now. Aches, fevers, chills,joint and muscle weakness and pain, tremmors, shooting pain in my temples, my pain and symptoms increase after exercise or long activities. My best advice to you right now is that I am learning a lot from reading the posts here. I also feel less isolated since finding this message board. There are many of us out there dealing with the same stuff. There are others that are better suited to give you better advice on the medical aspects but I can support your frustration and just say welcome. Best Wishes and see you around the board. Diana
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

and great username. Glad you found this site and jumped right in.

Let us know what the Mayo Clinic has to say. I'd be very curious to know if they can help you.

Kholmes
  6. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I just remember that it took it away instantly...I worked with a classically trained homeopath (one remedy at a time, not the mixes that you can find at the store)

Wish I could remember which one...

Take a look around at the threads, or go to my bio by clicking on my name next to this box...you can look there at some of my posts...and see what others have posted also.

Some folks who have been here along time have really researched...Carla Nl, Mikie, Stormskye, Haileycole...lots of folks have shared their findings...Look a Prickles posts, she just started a website on FM

Peace,

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]
  7. suz45

suz45 New Member

Welcome to our little world here Red, sorry you had to join under these circumstances. However, I think you will find lots of caring people that take the time to listen, and try to help each other. I have had FMS/MPS (myofascial pain syndrom since about 2000. Have been to many doctors, use mostly supplements, try to avoid the bad stuff ie: sugar, processed foods, coffee(well a cup or two inthe am) we all have our vices.

I use my family doctor for intense breakthrough pain only, and see a chiro fairly regurly to work out the trigger points in my back/hip/shoulder. So far I'm coming out of a flare that started in late August. Feeling more enrgy and less pain now.

We are here to support each other good days and bad...

Welcome again, post as often as you need

in wellness, (or not)

Suz45
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i was dizzy for 2 years with labyrithitis the one dr told me i got chemicals in my ears. who knows about 10 yrs later i used a steam machine that was very loud 2 days later from the smell of nail polish i lost my hearing i got it back with steroids now i hear too loud and wear earplugs. so protect your ear charlene
  9. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Redshadow - Welcome to the boards!

There is so much information to learn here and I am sure you will enjoy it here just as much as we all do ;o)

carolin
  10. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Sorry you had to come here but glad you have found us...

The most wonderful people are right here and so knowledgeable and helpful...I love it here...

Peace~Alicia
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Welcome to the board. I hope it helps you as much as it helps me.

It was just a relief for me to know that I was not alone and that there are other people that understand by issues. I look forward to "talking" to you.
  12. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Redshadow

I am glad that you found us. There are a lot of very friendly people here.

hugs Redwillow
  13. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Welcome to the board Redshadow, we are so glad to have you join (but not happy that you are suffering), please jump right in and make yourself at home. I do pray that you find a good doc. willing to treat fibro/CFS. For they are hard to come by.

((Hugs))
    Angie
  14. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

Hello everyone,
    You are all such sweethearts! Thanks for making me feel welcome, I'm going to check out your suggestions :^)
    Hey also forgot to mention to Suz I have endometriosis as well I am seriously thinking about getting a hysterectomy before the years is out.
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. As indicated above, there are lots of nice people here to share experiences, info, jokes, recipes, etc.

Are you a Sigmund Romberg fan? His operetta "The Desert Song" has a hero named the Red Shadow.
  16. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

Hi ya rockgor!
    Sorry never heard of him, I got the name from an old video game called Bushido Blade. I'm such a square!
    -Redshadow