New here...Hi everone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by talshiar, Apr 21, 2003.

1. talshiar

talshiar New Member

First time here and want to introduce myself. I've been ill with CFS and FM for many years and I'm glad to have found this board of like-minded folks. I'm having a rough time of it lately and could use some support and information. One thing I've found with being chronically ill for a long time is that it's easy to let months and sometimes years go by in a big ol' rut. Trying to get out of this one by reaching out to others who might understand what I'm going through. Look forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks!
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Welcome aboard. There are fantastic people here and some with a lot of great information, which I am sure you will get to know.

I have learned so much in the short time of joining this board, it`s better than a family unit, everyones so supportive.

Just to let you know that if you find any info on another website, we are not allowed to give it`s address, just make sure it`s excluded from anything you may copy/paste, should you want to do this.

I hadn`t read the rules - never read notice boards or instructions either, just stumble from one day to the next!

Lots of love, Pat.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Talshiar, glad to have you join us, yes we do tend to get into a rut with these illnesses, also we can easily get to be hermits too.

My husband and daughter insisted that I get a computer, just so I could do research on Fibro, and I found this board through the Pro Health catalog. Its been a lifesaver for me in many ways.

I have this illness pretty much under control now, and am able to do things I had just given up on for years. Most of my improvement came from others right here.

We do have some wonderful supportive, informed people here who are very friendly. I know you will make some friends and hopefully, like myself get a better quality of life too.

I have had this for 20 plus years and have till this day never met another person who suffers from either FM or CFS. It would help a lot to really be able in real time to communicate with someone like myself! But the board has been a lifeline by replacing the real life people. I have been here for over two years now, very productive years too.

Again,welcome to our world, and I do hope to get to know you better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2003]
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Welcome, you certainly have found a nice "place" to share and ask questions! Have you noticed the block at the top of the page "search messages." You can type in a topic, symptom, drug, name,whatever, press go and a list of posts will come up with that information, it is a wonderful tool. I have had FMS diagnosed 20-23 years ago (cant' remember right now) and deal also with other syndromes. I enjoy the board and find it VERY resourceful. Glad your here!! Fondly, June
  5. bejo

bejo New Member

Welcome.I have always been the kind of person who lives in a rut anyway.I always said that I was a rut dweller and I liked my rut.I will admit though the rut has gotten a lot deeper with fibro.There are things that I would like to do but am unable to do anymore.You will get a lot of support here from people who do understand how and what you're feeling.It really does help to be able to "talk" to someone who knows what you're going through. (((hug))) bejo
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! You've found a great place here; my husband found this board for me; he's a diabetic & got so much out of his diabetes board that when I was dx'd with FM, he knew exactly what I needed----communication with others in the same circumstances! Much of the info I have about FM & how to live with it, I learned here. Glad you have found us & will talk to you again soon, I hope!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Soooo glad you found us! Yes, the rut dwelling is a common thread with most of us...but, there is life out there (yes even for us)and whatever your mood or need is at any time you can come to this board and travel to land where everyone knows you, supports you,loves you unconditionally...and understands the struggle (sometimes daily)to find strength to climb out of the rut. Welcome!
    love Rebel
  8. DebP

DebP New Member

Just wanted to drop a line and welcome you to the board. The chat rooms are a great group of people too. Im sorry to hear you have been in a rut for so long, but I can certainly relate!!! Been there, done that, sometimes still there!!! And they dont have the t-shirts!! Darn!!! Anyway, wanted to welcome you, hope you stay with us, there is alot of info and support here!!!

Hugs,
    DebP
    (Debbie Parfait)
  9. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

This board is full of some really neat people and great info and some inspiration when you need it. Also can be the source of a like minded close friend to email to if you need one.
    I saw on the fibro meds that you're new to Guai. There are a few of us here, too, so there's some support on that front. Moderator Mikie, who will be back from a little "nip and tuck" surgery in a day or three was on morphine two years ago before guai. You can ask her more about it or maybe find out by doing a search.
    There's also a very recent post called Guai, good, bad or...? that you might find interesting.
    Let me know if you have any questions for me. I'm sooo glad I found the guai, I hope you do well with it, too. Was it your doctor's idea or yours?
    Tibbie
  10. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Just wanted to say welcome to the board. In the short time I've been coming here I've learned so much info I can hardly process it all!! Also, if you're having a bad day & just need a shoulder to cry on or need to vent - this is the place to do it. There are some very compasionate folks here & lots of very informed friends who are willing to share what they know.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!
  11. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I'm relatively new here myself. Be sure to click on "New to Boards? Click Here!". It will give you alot of insider info about this site. It helped me!

I've learned so much from everyone here. I dont' get online every day, but I visit fairly regularly. My email address is on my profile if you ever want to ask a question in private or just talk. (Not that I'm a wealth of information about either disorder, but I know a good bit and I'll bet you do, also!) :)

Take care!
    Donna
  12. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

welcome to the boards--these "strangers" quickly become family and so much wonderful info and suppport is tossed around here, pull up a heating pad and prepare to feel better (at least on the inside!) Laurie
  13. talshiar

talshiar New Member

for such a warm welcome! I'm sure I'm gona have lots of questions and it sounds like this is a great place to share all the ups and downs!

14. ozgran

ozgran New Member

to add my welcome. This is a great place with lots of info, love and support. You will be very glad you found "the family". Love Ozgran.
  15. jka

jka New Member

i had thyroid problems for 2 yrs-then i found out i had lupus(sle)that was 16 yrs ago-then came the fibro-6-7 yrs.no having a chronic illness isn't fun .having two is even worse.but i'm not sure i'd be the person i am today without them.i think they have made me a stronger person and more compassionate towards others.i've talked to alot people when they have been first diagnosed with lupus.it's good to have someone to talk to who REALLY understands.maybe these people wouldn't of had anyone to talk to if i hadn't been there.alot of them have told me how much it helps them.they see that they CAN get better.so i try to look at the good that my illness has given me. ther are days when that's hard to do. but a lot of people tell me how much they admire me for my attitude and out look onlife.

kathy c
  16. srollins

srollins New Member

Just stopped by to say Hey and welcome! The one thing I love about this board is you can ask questions about anything about your body or mind thats bothering you and there are always helpful replies and you don't have to blush about what ever it is,cause "we have all been there,done that and wore out the T-shirt"! LOL

Hugs, Shirley
  17. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I am recently new here also, but the wealth of news that I have gotten from here is priceless. I am not feeling so alone and I am reaching out to others more at home. I just saw a news report of fibro, cfs and my family listen so closely. I have had it many years also so I sympathize with you and everyone else here. I get directly on this site when I get my e-mail checked. I will be here everynight since I dont sleep most nights. I sleep better, like alot of people here, from about 4:00 in the morning or after, at times I dont sleep at all. If you ever need a shoulder I guarantee I will be up! Very nice to met you talshiar
  18. Solstice

Solstice New Member

You've come to the right place. It feels good to reach out doesn't it? We can become so isolated with our limitations.

I also have CFIDS and FMS..........for over 20 years now. Sucks, but hey, I actually do try to look on the bright side most of the time, and being on this board is one of the blessings I have found in my life...........just recently too, and I am just getting to know the folks here.

I know the rut of which you speak, all too well, and I hope you can start to peek over the rim of it soon, and then be looking down at it soon after that!

Namaste,

Solstice