new here: I don't have all the it still CF?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scroll, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Scroll

Scroll New Member

Hi all...I am sorry we are all here! Well, for me I had Graves Disease starting at age 41 and then into 8 years later, thryoid condition solved and well still in meno, but post exertional fatigue is really is difficult to exercise or play or work or whatever to a point where I have actaully accomplished something without paying for it for the next day or two. I do not have swollen glands, slightly (only slightly) high blood work for Epstein-Barr virus..just a bit outside limit....can this still be CF? I don't have achy joints or stuff like that have drunk type brain, foggy, and drugged like, and head "fatigue" (hard to describe this)...and the post exertional fatigue....what do you think? Joan
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2008]
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Not sure but sounds like me, I hate the brain thing it drives me nuts.

No doctor but it sure sounds like my symptoms, which I doubt so often. Been like this 8 years . I was finally Dx with CFS, later CFS and Fm.

My joints don't ache but I have leg and body aches not in joints, like bone aches.

It could be you other illness but the brain thing sounds so much like me.

If you find out please let me know.

God Bless,

3. spacee

spacee Member

You can have some of the symptoms of CFS without all of them. I guess, technically, you don't fall into the CDC definition but it is what it is. My twin had a lot of the symptoms but not all according to Dr. Cheney...CFS guru.

You sound a lot like me, too. Transfer Factors have helped me exercise but now I am sorting through some depression issues.
    Think my brain chemicals are too low. Having some testing done to see.

Sorry that you are so sick.

4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I get the "head fatigue". It is much worse and harder to deal with than physical exhaustion for me.

I describe it as feeling (in my head!) like I have worked hard at a mentally demanding job and not had any sleep for days on end. I am useless when this happens and just need to sleep A LOT until it passes!

The post exertion fatigue/malaise is a hallmark of CFS/ME and high EBV titers can also fit the picture.

Keep posting and try to find a doc that is sympathetic to ME/CFS.

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy x