NEW HERE I HAVE SEVERE FM/CFS FOR 9 YEARS NEED SUPPORT PLEASE H

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrosmile, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Fibrosmile

Fibrosmile New Member

please help me ....need support ...i feel very weak ...pain all over my body ...have brain fog or farts i call them..i do have great doctors....i live in Thomasville N.C.......any people live near me ?? THIS SITE IS GREAT!!!!!God bless you all .....everyone will be in my prayers.........HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!.......i have severe fm/cfs for 9 years...hopefully there will be a cure soon.....intil then hang in there everyone..........thanks for listening.......Fibrosmile
  2. jmaxjmax

jmaxjmax New Member

I'm not sure what meds you have tried for the pain but
    I've had very good luck with a combo of Duragesic (fentanyl)patch and oxycodone. These have saved my life as before them I didnt think I could go on.
    I hope things get better for you very soon!
    :) Max
  3. Fibrosmile

Fibrosmile New Member

yes MAX i take alot of meds ...for pain i take methadone and neurontin....plus others for other problems associated with fm/cfs....thanks for your reply...God bless you....take care....Fibrosmile
  4. j9miller

j9miller New Member

So glad to have you here. You will find the much needed support here. So glad you find this wonderful site. WELCOME!!
    I was dx with FM in 2000 but have suffered with it since 1987. I also suffer from severe TMJ with which I have had two surgeries and need another, I have two ruptured discs in my back, sciatica, hypothyroidism, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), and the many horrible symptoms that go with all of this. I take vicoprofen and topamax, I try to exercise 3x a week, eat as healthy as I can (of course I cheat too much), drink lots of water and get rest (who am I kidding, I sleep less than 3 hours a day).
    Again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

Janine
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2003]
  5. Fibrosmile

Fibrosmile New Member

I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU ....I AM 37 YEARS OLD ...GOT THESE DARN DIEASES IN 1996 FROM A FLU LIKE ILLNESS ......MY HUSBAND OF 17 YEARS LEFT ME WHEN I GOT SICK...IT TOOK ME A YEAR AND A HALF TO GET SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY...THANK GOD FOR THAT...ADVICE FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO GET DISABILITY DONT GIVE UP THATS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO .....I GOT MINE WHEN I WENT BEFORE THE JUDGE....ALSO GET A LAWYER...THAT HELPS GET ONE THAT ONLY DOES DISABILITY CASES....YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS .....Fibrosmile
  6. janet38

janet38 New Member

hi,i was reading your reply and it come to mind.i have fibro with congested heart failure.i also applied and i went to a shrink then i was supposivly go to their family doc.but the week before they(ssa) canceled it.i did get turn down from maryland (medicaid) how ever i called my examiner and he told me he would make his decision the end of the month.what do you think?i am so frustrated....any responce would be greatly appreciated.((fibrohugs))
  7. janet38

janet38 New Member

8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Fibrosmile, nice name! Sorry you are feeling so bad, and hope you have a better day today.

The brain fog is the pits, I hate it as much as the pain.

Glad you found the board, and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.....

Shalom, Shirl
  9. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I get so much good advise and lots of neat information here. It's a great place to visit.
    tlc8858