New Here,I see me in all of you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jellybean, Aug 24, 2002.

1. jellybean

jellybean New Member

I don't know where to start. I can't stand the pain, most days, and I do have Pain Pills available to me. I have read alot of your messages before i decided to post. i have been feeling very alone. When i read your messages, i realized i see something of me in so maney of you. It doesn't make me feel good knowing you all have so much pain too. But i can empathize with you knowing what you are going through. i don't have a very good dr. but i think he does his best with something he doesn't understand. i am sick to death of looking for some one that is "good Dr." for fibro.
  2. jellybean

jellybean New Member

I don't know where to start. I can't stand the pain, most days, and I do have Pain Pills available to me. I have read alot of your messages before i decided to post. i have been feeling very alone. When i read your messages, i realized i see something of me in so maney of you. It doesn't make me feel good knowing you all have so much pain too. But i can empathize with you knowing what you are going through. i don't have a very good dr. but i think he does his best with something he doesn't understand. i am sick to death of looking for some one that is "good Dr." for fibro.
  3. teacherjackie

teacherjackie New Member

Hi any 1 out there. Just want to say that it's 3am in bc. too late to be up. I am so frustrated with the condition that I'm in. does it ever get better? fibro, back injury, off work for three years. what a drag. I have been using a tens machine, no better, exercise...whatever. So on & so on...talk to me.
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

No, you both are not alone. There are some great members on this board and info in the library. Info is power in my book. Find out all you can about these DDs. I have fms and cfids, with endometriosis thrown in to make things even more interesting! Order the patient guide (1st post on each page)...it's great to help educate your family and friends about these bizarre DDs.

There are a lot of things you can do for yourselves. For me, having a positive attitude (which is not always easy) is over half the battle. There are some here who use medications...you can learn about their experiences. Some here use only alternatives (vits/supp, diet, exercise, pt, etc... you can find out what seems to help the majority & I've learned alot about supplements I'd never heard of. Most use a combination of the above.

I take klonopin for the restless legs & twitching, glucosamine supp & a complete vit/min/supp I got from my rheumy, I've cut down on caffeine, made some diet changes, started to do the 4 letter word thing...exercise...lol (I'm actually beginning to enjoy it), and am learning to pace my activities.

I've gotten hope from the members who have succeeded in having the quality of life we all deserve. I've also found myself appreciating that I'm not so bad off when I hear some of the members' problems.

If you have a question, or need to vent, we're here for you. Best wishes. Michele
  5. donmia

donmia New Member

Im pretty new here too. Still learning .I have uctd and fibro.I know what you mean about seeing yourself in all the others. Its kinda nice to know your not alone. Although you hate knowing so many are in such pain.I am now going to PT(again)I went to a pain dr. they wanted to put me on neorotin and get epidurals. I was afraid of that. When i went to the pt--He is working with a new machine, its called a Alpha Stem. He is having lots of sucess with it. I have only had 3 treatments. But he has used it on some people who,after 2 or three treatments are pain free. I really hope it works. Maybe you could ask your dr or pt about it. It is new.They dont know how long the pain relief will be yet. But anytime of pain relief would be worth it. I will let you know if it works for me. Hope you are having a good day.
    Donna donmia@nep.net
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to see you both have found our world here.

Hope we can at least help you find some relief in all this pain, fatigue and sleeplessness etc. If nothing else, we all understand how you feel!

I have Fibro, have had it for 20 years or more now. So I am very familiar with all that you are going through. It seems like it never ends, and few normal people understand how we feel, as it does not show on the surface.

Take care, will be looking forward to knowing you better, and I know you will make some lasting friends here too.

Again, welcome.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. stix

stix New Member

Hi. I understand what you are feeling too. My thoughts are that WE have to be our own "health provider". That is to say, that we can arm ourselves with as much research and information as we can, and then try to figure out for ourselves what works best for us. I think it's probably quite different for each person. For myself, I use very little drugs or supplements. I do take Calcium & Magnesium. On occasion, I have been known to take a Percocet or Flexeril when I can't stand the pain any longer or when I absolutely NEED to sleep.

How do I deal with the pain? Mostly through meditation and slow stretching exercises. I do have a theory that FMS has something to do with "memory in muscles". I have had several jobs with repetitive movements. What is interesting is that I didn't really have any pain or muscle soreness until I stopped those repetitive movements.

Anyway, I guess everyone is different. But, I don't hold out any faith in finding a good "fibro doctor."

Joy
  8. G

G New Member

Hope you will enjoy being here and the folks are great and wonderful. You will learn much and the site has great information and is considered the best online.

Welcome aboard
    G