New here...intro and ?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by broark, May 14, 2009.

1. broark

broark New Member

Hello, my name is Becky. I'm a 33 year old wife and mother to a 4 year old little girl that thinks she's 15. I live in Orange County, CA.

Two years ago I was hosptalized with meningitis. That same visit I was also overdosed with morphine and the fentenyl patch. I was in a coma for 5 days. My husband and parents were told that they didn't think I was going to make it. Thank God I did. Ever since though I haven't felt right at all. Flare ups of flu like symptoms (flu aches and pains times 100). Low grade fevers and exhuastion. I went to many doctors and had many tests done. I found out I have Psuedotumor Cerebri and now see a nuerologist regularly. When I was diagnosed with that it's like my doctors stopped looking to see what was causing the pain and exhaustion. Well finally Monday I saw my rhuematologist and he diagnosed me with FM and prescribed Lyrica. I'm hoping the Lyrica helps. I've been going through a flare up for the past couple of months and this week has been horrible. Darvocet has been my best friend. I used to take motrin like candy but that has stopped working. At this point I am considering Medicinal Marajuana. Since here in Cali it's legal and in the research I've done it's supposed to work with pain receptors and "calm" them down if you will. I can't live feeling like this. I'm so angry. It's not fair. I was healthy 2 years ago. I'm the sole supporter of my family. I have to work full time so we can have insurance but every morning I feel so bad it's so hard to get up. My husband is a type 1 diabetic and now considered disabled because of kidney issues.

How do you do it?
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Welcome, I guess, LOL. This is the best place for people with this DD. Truly hope the Lyrica helps, but if it doesn't, don't give up on the med. MJ. Take Care!!

LYNN
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Don't forget we have a good Fibro message board here and if you will be using medical marijuana for fibro, it might be an idea to also post your message on that board. Good luck.