New here. Just thought I'd say "Hi."

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Barkley, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Barkley

Barkley New Member

I just found this site this morning. How cool is this. I have no support group in my area so I think this may help me out tremedously. I am 37 yrs old and have had Fibro since I was 15 yrs old. I was diagnosed 10 years ago. My Fibro keeps me down most of the time but my spirit is strong. I have a family and friends who support me but do not fully understand what my body feels like on a daily basis. I am married to a wonderful man who suffers from severe depression and anxitey. (Aren't we a pair!) I also have a beautiful 8 year old daughter that was brought into this world despite all odds. In addition to the Fibro I also Lupus, Raynaunds, IBS, Arthritis, Vertigo. I don't know if I have left anything out. That is enough. Four weeks ago my family was in a rear end collision that wound me up in the hospital with a concussion and severe neck strain. I am thankful that it was not worse. I am now also in physical therapy for my neck injury. I guess that is all. I'll be around. Thank you again for a great site.
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Welcome to our board. You'll learn lots of helpful things here. It is a loving group of people.

Be sure to fill out your profile so we'll know more about you. Always feel free to ask questions.

Most of us on here have either CFS or FM (or both) and many have lupus. There are plenty who also have candida.

Hope to see more of you.

Linda
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Welcome Barkley,
    I know you will enjoy it here. Most of how I'm treating this DD I learned from people on this site. There is truly a wealth of info here. People are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Take care,
    K.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is a wonderful place for support and information. You have a lot on your plate so stop by when you need encouragement. It's one place where everyone will understand.

Kathy.

5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Barkley:
    Welcome. I hope we here from you on a regular basis. With all those things that you have, you certainly qualify to be here. You have been suffering a long time.

nyrofan
  6. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Hello,

I found this site about two weeks ago myself. I have found great advise, support, and encouragement here. It is so nice to have a safe place to go where people understand you, without having to explain the pain thing (cause' others just can't get it)!

Welcome! I look forward to talking more.

jenni4736
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

THE Barkley, the Sir Barkley??? I was going to say...until I read the other posts and saw you are a fellow gal....

Welcome to our family...and we really are one, if you identify with love and support and understanding! This bunch is really outstanding.

We have some very, very smart people here...so start using the search feature with topics that interest you and you'll be amazed!

With all those diagnoses, I'd really, really look into long-term antibiotic therapy; maybe you can google the subject and find more info about it.

Or, if you live near a Fibro and Fatigue Center (see their website to search in your area), think they could help you. (Search FFC on this site: TONS of infor about what they do.)

Welcome and we hope to hear more from you soon....

findmind
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2006]
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Tired so just a quick hello and glad to have you here.

Love Anne C
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to the board. This is a good place to get info, support, receipes, jokes, advice and general chit chat.
  10. kalina

kalina New Member

I'm sorry that you've had fibro for so much of your life, and from such a young age, too. It must have been very difficult for you, especially without a diagnosis for so long.

I'm glad to hear your family and friends are supportive, even if they don't really understand. I think that knowing what we feel like and what are going through every day is very hard for most people to imagine. Some people won't even try!

Good luck with your physical therapy for your car wreck injuries. I hope your family escaped serious injury.

Kalina
  11. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

It is good to meet you but I feel sad aytime I hear of anyone else having this darn disease. As for me I just turned 40yrs old I have fms, cfs, arthritis ra & oa, ibs, degenerative disc disease, herniated discs bulging discs, multiple chemical sensitivity, severe depression, restless legs syndrome, diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, gastroparesis (from diabetes), high heart rate & high blood pressure, fibro fog and I guess that is it. I have a wonderfully understanding hubby and a disabled 12yr old son who is my reason for getting up in the morning and trying to push through the pain.

The people here are very supportive and caring, I think you will find all the support and advice you need here.

Pamela