New here, my story

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by evol_or_revert, Oct 8, 2006.

1. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

Hey, I found this site a little while ago thought I should do a post :D.

I'm 20 and have had cfs for 6 years. I had to give up most things in my life but the sadest was giving up my horse and the competing I use to do.

After trying so many things, I have finally found a great combnation of drugs and daily activitys and I'm well on my way to better health now. Im in my second year of university studying psychology. I'm able to study full time and most days walk the 15min to uni and back.

Looking forward to getting to know people here and hopefully share my experience.

Evol_or_revert
  2. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

Hi Evol,

I'm new here too, I'd like to know what drugs, etc. that you are taking since it sounds great. This is especially important to me since my son is your age.

Thanks,

Deb
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Welcome to both of you. Hope you find this board as wonderful and educational as I have. There are a lot of nice people here with lots of good knowledge.

Evol, great to hear you are improving.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Welcome aboard! Please do tell us more..

Thanks,
    Susan07
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. There are lots of nice people here to share with. Check out the library (in purple above) for info on a variety of topics.

There are some posts here for horse lovers. I just bumped one up to the first page for you.

Where are you going to school? I was a psych major way back in the days when antidepressants were new. There weren't any when I was a kid. My neighbor often went to the state hospital for months at a time, but there really was no medicine or therapy for her.

Good luck w/ school. It's a big job even for the healthy.

6. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

good to see more new faces. I;m still kinda new too.

I'm so sorry you had to give up your horse. My daughter both love riding, I hope they never have to give it up. I'm too much of a wimp to try riding but I still love horses.

Plenty of horse lovers around here :) Check out the Open Barn posts and please share your horse stories with us. (There are some sheep and cows in there too LOL).
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

We always love to have new people and to hear how someone has improved.

Why don't you fill out your profile so we can get to know you better.

Shar
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

This is a great place to come. I hope you enjoy it and find lots of inspiration.

There's quit afew of us horse people hanging out here.
    Yes, please fill in your profile!

Misty
  9. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

It's nice to meet you, however, I'm sorry we are meeting you under these conditions. It sounds like you have done alot for yourself on the road to remission, and hopefully you'll continue down that path. Expect setbacks occasionally, but keep doing what you're doing.

I'm sorry to hear you had to give up horseback riding. I, too, used to compete. I had to quit after I broke my ankle. Then, a few months later I became sick with mono. After that is when I believe my ME/CFIDS began. I also have fibro, but it's been in remission for quite along time. The last few days have been tough on me pain-wise, though. Hopefully, the fibro will go back into hiding. The ME/CFIDS is another story. I can't say I've found anything that makes it better, but I'm learning to deal with it. I also go to college, I'm in school for nursing. And I have a wonderful husband and son. I'm 24 years old, so I know what it's like to be young and sick.

Anyway, I hope you'll continue to post here. This is a wonderful place to meet people who are in the same boat. We come from all walks of life, but we are tied together by this awful disease.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  10. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

Thanks everyone :D

When I found out what I had, I took a year off from high school and just rested. I was lucky and found a good doctor. After trying many many drugs I've come up with the perfect set for me :D

I take
    norpress to sleep
    Fluoxetine as an antidepressant
    Then my supplements are:
    Zinc
    A Mulitvitamin
    Fish oil
    evening primrose oil.

I got soo sick of swallowing tablets so I've majorly cut back but these are working great for me :D

The most important thing for me was getting my sleep right and elimnating stress.

I'm finding studying ok, but I have to keep track of everything, I get all assignments done early and study for test early as there is no way im staying up late the night before to finish it. My papers look a bit of a mission for next year eight 3 year papers when we are only ment to take six hmm trying to keep my options open no sure what way i want to go.

Also I live in New Zealand :D.

Thanks.

evol