New here needing support!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibromite02, Apr 10, 2012.

1. fibromite02

fibromite02 New Member

Hey I am, 20yrs old I have had fibro since i was 11.I was dx'ed at 11.I hurt really bad.I cant afford lyrica and cant take anything else for it.I am on a pain med but I try not to take it much.I have pains everywhere you can imagne.Because of my Fibro ( I guess) I have really bad anxeity It is hard for me to leave the house I do but I most of the time have to come home and go to bed because i am so upset.I am on meds for the anxeity but I dont thank they are helping that much anymore.I also have insomnia from fibro.I dont sleep that much and if i do it aint good sleep and I wake up every 30mins to an hour.I hate it all.And I dont know what to do anymore.If it was not for my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I dont know what I would do.
    I am just looking for some support and see what yall do for pain and all.
    I also have IBS and really bad anxiety.I hurt all the time.I cant afford Lyrica.And so I dont know anything else to help my fibro.I use a heating pad it helps a good bit.But that is all I know to do.Does anyone have any Ideas. [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2012]
  2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Fibro sucks all by itself...much less to have other issues which most of us do. I tried everything on the market for fibro and nothing helped me except pain medication.

The biggest adjustment I had to make in my life is realize I can't do the things I used to do and ask other people for help. I hope you have good friends and family who can support you and help you.

I just wanted you to know that someone out there is listening to you and sympathizes and understands. Remember to think positive and don't push yourself too hard or be too hard on yourself!

3. fibromite02

fibromite02 New Member

I Have good family.But I have no friends.I cant get out and I just dont have any friends.
  4. fibromite02

fibromite02 New Member

Hey thanks.I try to take good care of myself.I just get so fed up with everything.It is so hard sometimes.
  5. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I am so sorry that you have had to start the fibro journey at such a young age. I agree that the generic form of klonopin is very helpful during some of those hard days, weeks, or months. The only problem that I have had is that my body does get used to it and then I have to take higher doses. Therefore, I try to only use it during the worst days and weeks and sometimes months. I then take a break from it when symptoms settle down.

You also may want to have your hormones checked by a MD that is knowledgable about bio identical hormones. I am assuming that you started your period about the time your fibro started. Many gynocologists don't specialize in bio-indentical hormones but some do. When I started using progesterone my fibro pain reduced enough that I could start working part time.

I will say a prayer for you and your continued strength to find comfort through fellowship and friends.

Leah, you are such a kind and supportive person!
  6. kch64

kch64 New Member

I just read your post. I'm 48 and have had fibro for at least 20 years, but wasn't diagnosed until 10years ago.

First, I want to give you a gentle cyber hug. Do you have any medical insurance? Another drug that's similar to Lyrica is Neurontin. It may be less expensive. Talk you your doctor and tell him/her the situation. They will work with you to find an affordable medication.

Also, pray for the Lord to send you friends. You are a Christian and the Lord will help you. I know sometimes it's hard to understand why these things happen, but I prayed for the Lord to send me close friends, and I have met some of the most loving friends in the world. You are very young. Try to get out a little bit. Do you work? Staying in the house, can sometimes make you feel worse. I know from my own experience. Take life one day at a time, and try not to worry about the future too much. It will make you feel worse. You have support and friends here, so keep on reaching out to us. Make sure you have your thyroid checked often. Some of your symptoms could be caused by too little or too much thyroid. I'll be praying for you.
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry that you are so sick. I understand.

Thank God that you have faith to get you through...all our hope is in Him.

Many people who have been diagnosed with FM or CFS have later found that the actual root cause of their symptoms are chronic, undiagnosed, untreated infections.

This happened to me. After 21 years, I discovered that I had a chronic Borrelia (Lyme disease) and Bartonella infection. I have gotten better with long term treatment from a Lyme literate MD.

Pain, insomnia, anxiety, IBS, etc are all on the symptom list for these chronic infections.

Unfortunately, the tests for these infections are very unreliable. Often people who are infected, get a negative test result, and therefore never get treated.

Lyme bacteria can be transmitted through a tick bite (often people don't even know they were bitten), from mother to fetus, through breastfeeding, and possibly through other vectors such as biting flies, mosquitoes etc.

Most people who have Lyme or other chronic infections, have multiple infections, not just one.

I am going to post some info for you to read.

There is a good symptom list in this next link:

There is also a good symptom list on pages 9-11 of the following link, along with symptom info about Bartonella, Babesia, etc on pages 22 -27.

Anxiety is often associated with bartonella, although Lyme and Babesia can also cause it.

Pain can be associated with any of these infections. Insomnia is often associated with Lyme or Babesia.

8. fibromite02

fibromite02 New Member

Hey all,I have tried Neurontin it made be have bad thoughts so I had to go off of it.I have also tried klonipin but it dont help much.Thanks for the advice I have been tested for anything and everything under the sun.I have had so much blood work I am surprised I still have any blood lol.
  9. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

Welcome! You might want to check out the products sold by Pro Health. I would be lost without them! I went off all pharmaceuticals & am trying to feel better naturally.
    For sleep I take 2 Fibro Freedom capsules, melatonin, & Celestial Seasons Sleepytime Vanilla tea. I still wake up during the night, but usually only once or twice.
    During the day I take Fibro Energy & drink green tea. I eat naturally. No MSG, no fake sugars or fat, no high fructose corn syrup. I try to limit dairy, sugar & gluten. Lots of fresh fruits & veggies, organic food as much as possible. I rarely drink soda, only a Mexican Coke now & then.
    I use a theraphy cane to work on muscle knots & see a chiropractor. I am currently trying acupuncture for pain & anxiety.
    I use an electric heating pad & Tiger Balm for pain as well as the Fibro Freedom.
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes, i know what you mean about not having any blood left after all the blood work.

Just keep on looking for answers. It's all you can do for yourself.

Sorry the neurontin hurt you. You may even write to the company that manufactures Lyrica. Sometimes pharmaceutical companies help people who can't afford the medicine they need most. It's worth a try. Go to their website and look for information on assistance with affording medicine.
    Have you tried calcium/magnesium to help with the pain? It can also calm your anxiety.

[This Message was Edited on 04/12/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2012]
  11. Allen

Allen Member

I don't know about the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ but hope he/she works for you.
    Here are some possibilities:
    1. Cymbalta for Fibro pain and depression
    2. Pro-health's Fibro-Sleep.....all natural.
    Have heard bad things about Lyrica.
  12. fibromite02

fibromite02 New Member

I have tried Cymbalta and it dont help me.