New Here...Please help me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susanG, Mar 4, 2003.

1. susanG

susanG New Member

Hi I'm new here and I want to know if anyone can give me some advise on pain meds, supplements and help with the fatigue due to my fibromyalgia.
    I was recently diagnosed and have tried ultram, ultracet, darvacet, prozac and vitamins b-12 and flaxseed oil.
    Please reply. Thank you in advance.
  2. allyoop_58

allyoop_58 New Member

Hi susang,
    How long have you had fibro? I've had this DD since 1996. It's certainly not a good thing to have or have to deal with on a daily basis. I currently take, 2 ultram 2-3x's daily, 1-300mg neurontin 3 or 4x's daily, zanaflex when needed (a lot!) and tylenol (a lot!). Maybe not the best regimen, but that's all I'm given. Even though I've had this for a while, I'm learning new things lately, especially since I've been visiting this site. It helps a lot to talk to others in the same boat.
    HUGS :) allyoop
  3. susanG

susanG New Member

What does the zanaflex do? Have you heard of cytomel or pregabalin?
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Susan, welcome to our world. As for the fatigue, that is really a hard one for me. I can't take meds, so mostly I take supplements.

I do find that Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) is the biggest help that I can get.

I also take ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), which helps with deep sleep, spasms, pain and twitchings. I also have more energy since starting them a year ago, which is probably due to sleeping so much better.

I still get those days that I just can't seem to function too well, but they are not as frequent as before I started the above.

There is a lot out there for fatigue, but most of it does not agree with ME, but you might want to try some of the others advice.

Glad you found us, and hope we hear from you often.

This board has been moving so fast, that I found your post on the third page. Hopefully you will get more replies that these two today.

Shalom, Shirl