New here - This place is wonderful!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ksimmons, Mar 23, 2004.

1. ksimmons

ksimmons New Member

I just found this board and think it is terrific. Please add my dad to your prayer list.

My Dad (58) found out one year ago that he has non-small cell lung cancer. I am an only child and very close to my dad. He is also my Pastor.

He underwent extensive radiation and chemo treatments which did not touch the tumor. In fact, after the treatments, he learned that the cancer had spread to the fluid and also into the other lung. His left lung was almost completely collapsed. He was put on oxygen 24-7 and Hospice was called in. He was also put on Permanent Disability. As a last effort, the doctor put him on the new Iressa pill.

Many friends and churches began to pray even more fervently. During church service on Sept 21st, my dad felt a special touch in his body and was able to breathe better than before. From then on, each time he took the pulpit to minister, he would receive a special temporary strength and was able to deliver a 30 minute message without the aide of any oxygen.

A few months ago, he went back to the doctor for a scan. The scan showed the tumor was beginning to shrink. The doctor could hear airflow in the collapsed lung. He was taken off Disability and Hospice. He no longer needed any oxygen. The doctor said he did not expect Daddy to live 3 months. He said Daddy is a walking miracle.

The power of prayer. Nothing like it.

Please continue to pray for my dad. The cancer is not gone - just not winning the battle. My dad still fights a severe rash from the treatments. He also is sick right now with a bad cough and some chest pains.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2004]
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome to the worship board. I will gladly pray for your dad. It sounds like he`s a walking miracle already improving as he did. Stories like that are so inspiring I love them.

I will be praying that he continues to improve and can overcome the cancer. He sounds like he`s doing pretty well considering all he`s been through.

Sending up prayers for you also. May God give you comfort and peace in this hard time.

Love and light,
    Sandy
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I will pray that the Lord will continue his good work over your father for His Glory, and I will thank Him too

Love Lisa
  4. ksimmons

ksimmons New Member

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I will keep you updated on his situation. I will also join you in praying for others on here.
  5. blessings

blessings New Member

What a wonderful testimony to the healing and miracle of our Lord.

God always has the last say, and He is still using your father to His glory. Praise His wonderful Name!!

I pray the Lord will continue to empower your dad, and heal the rash and touch his body and rid it of the congestion and cold.

God Bless you, love, blessings