New Here wanted to say Hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrissy3, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Ive been reading the messages here for a while and so I thought I would stop lurking and introduce myself.

Im from Yorkshire, England and was diagnosed withe CFS about 3 years ago. I am 35 and still managing to work at the moment but it is a daily struggle.

Recently I have been getting a lot of pains in my hands arms and feet. I have always had trouble with my neck and one of my main problems is neck related dizziness along with the everyday fatigue. Im wondering if it could be fibro related. I also cant stand for long as I get dizzy and feel faint.

Anyway didnt want to make this too longwinded, just to say Hi and I think you are a great bunch of people.

Chrissy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. This is a good place to get support and info on what ails us.

The weekends are pretty slow, so there may not be too many here to greet you today, but these folks are great and you are very welcome here.

Love, Mikie
  3. averilpam

averilpam New Member

I'm from Yorkshire too, I live in Leeds. Where are you?

I'm off work at the moment but have to start back on Sept 1st. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm organising a gradual return but once I get back to full days I'm dreading being on my feet all day. My legs really hurt when I stand for a long time.

anyway welcome, this is a very supportive board, I feel like lots of people here are my friends. There is almost always someone who will be able to answer questions, and usually lots of people who share weird symptoms!

love pam xx
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Chrissy, glad you have found us, and also one of your countryman too all on your first post.

Sorry you are having so many problems, but we are all in the same situation more or less.

You will find a lot of support here and no doubt many friends too.

Again, welcome to our world.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome! This board is a haven for people like us with Fm. Its not easy having this but we get through it with the support on this board. I can`t imagine being without it. So many symptoms I had I didn`t even know were related to the Fm. I`ve learned a lot and got my FM better under control

I`m looking forward to getting to know you more.

Sandyz

6. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Chrissy~~I'm so glad you decided to join us. Feel free to make this your second home and us your second family. Not only will you get a great deal of information and knowledge from this Board, but you will receive a kindness of support and understanding that is difficult to find from others who do not have FM and/or CFS. Here, you are FREE to be yourself--to vent, to cry, to ask questions, to offer what you can, to share both good news and bad, to have people help you through hard times, and to feel understood.

I am 54; live in Montana, am a psychotherapist and work 3 days a week, was born with severe asthma/allergies & IBS. Have had FM/CFS since my early teens. Later in life developed osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative disc disease with multiple back problems, and have nerve/disc damage in my neck and shoulder area.

I hope you will feel comfortable, cared about, and at home here. We all understand and struggle to live as best we can with these ailments, are constantly researching, and trying new & different approaches in dealing with these illnesses. "Welcome to the Family", and we look forward to getting to know you and being friends. Blessings to you, Carol....

7. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Hi, Chrissy. I'm new here, as well. :)

Although I don't have FM, I do have CFS secondary to hypothlamus dysfunction/narcolepsy, so I can definately relate to the fatigue that you talk about.

Have you found a good doctor yet that you feel comfortable with? I don't know about England, but here in the States, you usually have to go to a holistic/alternative medicine doctor to find someone who knows anything about CFS/FM.

All the best,

Cheryll
  8. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Thankyou so much everyone, I am lost for words at the wonderful welcome you have given me.

Joy, I too have no choice but to work as my partner has lost his job and we are struggling on my wage. I get very dizzy with head movements, but especially looking down.

Shirl and Mikie this is a wonderful board you have here.

Hi Pam, I cant believe you are from Leeds - Im from Belton a village near Epworth between Doncaster and Scunthorpe. I had 5 months off sick from work just over a year back and it was hard to go back so I can sympathize with you.

LL I think your right about the orthostatic intolerance, but Doctors here will only take your blood pressure after standing up quickly. Its only after 10 or 20 minutes that it effects me.

Thanks Debbie, Sandy and Angel and Carol what a lovely welcome.

Cheryll I havnt yet found an understanding Doctor but I am working on it - just changed Doctor at my practice so fingers crossed.

You are all great

Chrissy
  9. underwhelmed

underwhelmed New Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I too am a CFS sufferer from the UK (north of the border though).

I sympathise greatly with your problems with dizziness. There will be a lot of people on the board who can relate to your symptoms.

Well done at managing to continue working. I've had to give up and hate that feeling of having given in to it all.

Best of luck,
    Bud :)

[ advertisement ]