New Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I have been ill for over 10 years..a slightly elevated RA, but no real test results.I know it's Fibro..Dr.s do NOT take it seiously..I am going to see a rheumatologist and beg for pain meds..I cannot take 10 advil a day(don't really help) and want to be taken seiously.I'm already stressing how the visit is going to go.My favorite book is "Fatigued to Fantastic"..Dr.Jacob Teitelbaum..very helpful...regular MD hasn't a clue...when I tell him my entire body hurts, he just looks at me(like I'm crazy) I am so frustrated. Thanks...Flaxen
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

Being welcomed here is a double-edged sword -- I'm glad you found the board, but I'm sorry you had to!

If anyone would have told me five years ago that one day I'd be 7 years into CFS, I'd have become so discouraged. The women I met with 8, 10 or 13 years of this under their belts were and still are my heroes.

We've got to keep trying, even if getting people to listen is hard. Hopefully you'll find that there are many here that can share your experiences. I know I have!
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Tis is a great board.Sometimes it takes a while to find the right dr.A good one is great.Some people have doctors that are open to learning.Again Welcom.
  4. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Thank you so much..I feel like no one understands and that I am being labeled "neurotic"..I just want to have a good day.Pain and fatigue tell me what and when to do every day,,it gets depressing.I appreciate the responses.Flaxen
  5. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board. You will find lots of help, support, info and advice here from a great group of people.

hugs
    brit