New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greybear2005, Oct 18, 2005.

1. greybear2005

greybear2005 New Member

Hi, I am new here and have been diagnosed 6 months ago with Fibromyalgia. Was just wondering how long everybody else has had their problems, and how they cope with day to day life. Look forward to hearing from someone!
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've had FMS for 10 years. You can read my profile by clicking on my name in blue on the left. Wait a few seconds for the profile to load. You can use this for all the members to find out more info about them.

The meds I am on for FMS are listed in my profile too.

Well, coping is a day to day thing for me. I don't even do much picking up until after I have taken my meds. I also don't usually get up until around 11:30 AM.

You'll discover that different meds help different people. Some people here only take dietary supplements to deal with their FMS and CFIDS.

Again, welcome!

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

Nice to meet you. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago with fibro. Everyday is a different day with this DD. Some good, some bad, and most just somewhere in the middle. I'm still able to work and have 2 kids and a hubby to take care of. You just have to learn what you can do, what you can't do, and what you shouldn't do but do anyway and pay for it later. My dr told me when he first diagnosed me that if I let it get the best of me I would be down for the count, so I try not to ever let it get me down.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

rosie here. I've had cfs for over 10 years (symptoms for 20) and fibro for 6.

You'll find lots of info and help on this board.

Looking forward to talking to you.

love
    Rosie
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I went to see my therapist this week.She said that I had to have been suffering from this for a long while and it just got real ugly about 5 months ago.I believe that to be true.I think it even started back when I was a teen.

BTW, Welcome
    Sheila