New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3sa, Nov 16, 2005.

1. 3sa

3sa New Member

I just found this site . have been diagnosed for a little over a year now . I just quit my job as a waitress , because I couldn't take the pain . I loved my job , but I just couldn't do it anymore . My dr told me to work through the pain . I just can't seem to . Now I'm almost in tears writting this . I have put a great strain on my family . We lost our med. coverage . I don't know what to do . It hurts to just sit here and type this . Great , now I'm crying , & I don't even know why I'm telling you folks this .
    Please tell me I'm not crazy . This can't be all in my head !!

Theresa
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so badly right now. I think most everyone who participates in this board can identify with you and it is certainly not all in your head!

Here you will find a community of fellow sufferers who understand what you are going through because they've experienced many of the same things themselves.

It's a wonderful place to come for advice. We have so many knowledgeable members here who can recommend various therapies and supplements, etc., that you can "run by" your doctor.

We're also here just to listen, so, again, welcome and keep talking to us.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have been coming here for a couple of months now & one of the wonderful things I have found - and also the sad things - is that I am not alone. Everything I am feeling right now is felt or has been felt by someone else that is here.

You will find a ton of information you will be able to use - please do ask questions if you have them - everyone has used things that are different.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. What have you tried so help so far?

Kelly
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

This is a great place. I hope you find support here. Everyday I learn something new. Not everything works for everbody, but it's great to hear from people getting better and what they're doing.
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Twirp and Kelly about summed it up!

This is a great place to go when no one else undertsands! We are all here for you. Please...don't be so hard on yourself. I know...as I was the same way for about two years after I had to stop work. But, we have to listen to our bodies. People without this STUFF do not know how to understand...even though some REALLY try.

Big HUG to you......Mari
  6. 3sa

3sa New Member

Thank you !!
    Today just seems to be a bad day . Thank you all for your welcome . I'm checking into state med. coverage . I keep thinking I should just go get another job , but I'm having trouble just keeping the house clean . I have fibro , & suspect that I fave cf . I'm always so tired , for no real reason . My dr. said I need to lose weight . I am very over weight . He gave me an anti depressant . It helped for a couple months , but doesn't seem to be doing much now . I can't even afford to go see him again . I have to find some health coverage , or I'm sunk . My husband is self employed , so no coverage there . I feel so selfish , quitting my job has put a strain on the whole family .
    Thanks for listening . I think everyone at my house is getting tired of hearing it .
    Theresa
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Welcome to our group. Don't ever be afraid to tell us what you are feeling. At one time or another, we have all felt down and blue ----and have pain that is unending. we all understand and willu stand by you.

don't be ashamed of tears either. There are several times that i have sat here at the computer with the tears running down my cheeks - sometimes I didn't even know why!!!

We are here for you.

gentle Hugs
  8. JPbaker

JPbaker New Member

3sa, just as you I am at my wit's end on going this alone. I feel exactly as you, and have just found this site today myself. Im here to try to figure out what can be done, and if not just for a little insight in to my health and troubles. Your post is identical to mine in every aspect. I am saddened and glad that we feel the same way, it means to me tht awe are not crazy or alone. I am as new to this outreach as you are, and as I sit here reading your post, I think we are in the right spot. I know too well what you are saying and i know too well why you are saying it here you need support and insight as I (no, as we all) do.

Glad to meet you maybe we can get some help here.
  9. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I am also new to this board, having just found it last night when I decided I needed to get some support for myself (also my dr. confirmed that yes, it is CFS I am fighting).

You sound like you are in a very bad situation, and I really feel for you. I wish I could do something else, but here is a virtual hug, at least. Good luck in pursuing disability coverage, etc., and this board does seem to be a great place for getting support and information.

Hang in there.
    C.