New here...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FoggyDayz, Mar 21, 2006.

1. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

My name is Jen, I'm 35 and have been diagnosed with fibro. I have been out of work since Jan. 13th on short term disability after passing out at work. I have also been diagnosed with NMH (neurally-mediated hypotension) - anyone else have this diagnosis?

I am dealing with the pain fairly well, it's the mental fog, confusion, concentration issues, and fatigue that are taking their toll on me. I am supposed to go back to work on April 3rd and am scared to death that I am going to fall flat on my face because I won't be able to "perform" at the required level. I am a manager in a fast-paced, financial services company.

I am happily married and have a beautiful 5 year old son. We live in a 200 year old farmhouse on 15 acres, it is peaceful and wonderful here.

Anyway, that's me!
  2. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Hi Jen, I am new here too. My name is LaTrecia and after 7 years of tests and procedures, I was finally diagnosed with Fibro 3 weeks ago. A lot on these boards to read huh?

I also am happily married with a 16 year old daughter and we live in the country also. Log house on 23 1/2 acres. We love it. No neighbors at all. About the time we get our yard fixed back up to where I am able to put my clothes line back up, it will be hurricane season again. Always something huh?
  3. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

I agree - LOTS of stuff to read and I love it! It does move rather fast though and sometimes hard to catch up.

There is so much information that I'm overwhelmed at times, but glad that I found this community as I've made many friends here (I'm new as of this month also). Even after having this DD for over 6 years, I'm learning so much from everyone and the site.

Wish you both, and all of us, a "good" day!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

foggydayz:
    Welcome. I hope all goes well for you at work. I am sure your body will let you know whether you can handle it or not. I also have my days of fog and definitely have the fatigue: I have been putting in twelve hours of sleep per day and napping during the day (that is the CFS probably).
    Good luck to you.

N.F.
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Good to have you here!

I just googled neurally-mediated hypotension. I've never looked into it as I've never heard of it before but I have been told I have orthostatic hypotension and definitely go dark often. (Can't see, feel tingly, tongue feels swollen). My brother has had several episodes of "passing out" as well as my grandfather.

Your farmhouse sounds wonderful. Did you renovate it?

I look forward to learning more about you.

Sofi
  6. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro about a year ago, but was kinda just told to live with it. I was diagnosed with NMH, which I think is the same as orthostatic hypotension, about 3 years ago at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

Our house is all stone and is on the National Historic Registry. We have been restoring it for the last 2+ years and will probably continue to do so foreever. I love it here and I know this sounds a bit crazy, but I belong here, something about this house wraps around me and makes me feel at home. It had been vacant for quite awhile before we bought it and was housing a multitude of wildlife. The snakes, mice, and other creatures are gone, but the birds keep finding their way back into the attic - that is a future project though. Almost everything here is original from the heart pine floors to the horse-hair plaster walls.

My yuppy, suburban parents think I have totally lost my mind and am ruining any chances of a future for their grandson. To me he looks like a confident, well-adjusted, free-spirited kid who has lots of land to run around on with his dogs. Works for me! Of course, they think fibro is a myth and that I am a just a whiner. It is what it is!

Thanks for the warm welcome,
    Jen
  7. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Hey Jen, your place sounds like a piece of Heaven. My daughter loves the fact we live in the country. I know how you feel about your parents, my father told my husband that it is all in my head, and just because another woman in our church has fibro, that I thought I had to have it too. Can you believe that? Some people just don't have a clue. This is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
  8. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I have fibro too. Ive been diagnosed for 2 yrs. You will know the day when you can nolonger work, and if you love your job like I did, its a sad day. We are so glad to have you with us. It does move very fast. I read your bio and see that you are a dog lover. We have three, dont know how you keep up with all of them. Again, welcome. YOu will learn alot here.

Suzette