new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by insanelady, Apr 25, 2006.

1. insanelady

insanelady New Member

Hello everyone
    I am new here and was diagnosed last May with Fibro. I am still having problems that make no sense. Does anyone here have problems staying warm or losing hair? Help!!

Thanks

Insanelady
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

InsaneLady:
    Welcome.
    You are in the right place.
    As for me, my temp runs about 96 degrees or lower and I am cold most of the time, so it is not unsual for me to wear a sweater when others are in blouses. I only go out for food and supplies, but sometimes I will get a comment from someone, like: Aren't you hot in that sweater? I just answere 'NO' and keep on moving.

So-yes for me: cold, never over-warm.

nyrofan
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Everything is very confusing at first. Many symptoms don't make sense. I hope you can spend time here reading posts and asking questions. There is always someone willing to help. You can search old posts at the top left of this screen and there is a Library on the site as well.

I also have trouble staying warm a lot of the time. I think problems with temp. regulation are common.

Kathy.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I love the name! I think a lot of us get cold easily and develop Raynaurds(where fingers turn blue) I wear fingers of my gloves even on fairly warm days, just roll the palm parts down.

I have not lost head hair but body hair.

Welcome to the board. Glad to have you here.

Love Anne C
  5. sop28

sop28 New Member

welcome,

My temperature is all over the place. Some days when it's 75 I have a sweat suit on and others shorts and a tank top. I also have night sweats sometimes and others I'll have 4 heavy blankets on.

I have had problems with my hair falling out. At one point I was loosing it is handfulls and had some very thin, even balding spots. Some of it is actually growing back. I have this regrowth sticking up all over. Recently I have noticed some facial hair that wasn't there before. Bummer!

I think you will find this site a great place to find answers and just to vent when you need too.
  6. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

I'm sorry that you are sick, but you are certainly not alone. This is a great place, everyone is so nice and helpful. I only have time for a quick note but I wanted to say Hi.

Tanya
  7. srh

srh New Member

Welcome. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Loads of info and people that care.

Glad you're here. Hugs........
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Hi, just want to say welcome.

Claudia
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The symptoms you describe are often found in hypothyroidism, which is very common in us. I would get it checked out. Make the doc run the whole panel of tests. I tested in the "normal" range but since I had symptoms, my doc put me on a small dose of thyroid hormone and it has really helped. Now, I'm "more normal."

Love, Mikie
  10. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Hi, insanelady,

I feel bad calling you that.

The only time I have had problems with staying warm and my hair falling out was when my thyroid was very low.

Just as Mikie said, you really should have that checked out if you haven't already.

I am on Synthroid for my hypothyroid. I feel much better now. I still have some fatigue because of the Fibro and CFS. I also have Lupus.

Welcome to the board. I know you will love it here. I have learned so much here.

Hugs,

Jodi
  11. Kay31

Kay31 Member

I agree with what some of the others have said regarding thyroid issues. I never thought I had a problem, but further testing revealed that I did.

I was ALWAYS COLD since I got this DD; now I'm taking iodine and the coldness has disappeared.

Hang in there and welcome to this wonderful Board!
  12. whinenot

whinenot New Member

Huh, hadn't considered hair loss as part of CFS. I figured mine was menepausal thing. Just recently asked dr about it, she suggested I see dermotologist. Reckon I'll make appt there if I can stand to get out again.
    Sorry you're sick.
  13. cistesmom

cistesmom New Member

with age(menopause),Hypothyroidism and the DD my hair was coming out badly all over. Did find some help with the hair on my head by using Arbonne shampoo, conditioner and scalp revitalizer. It Takes about 6 mos to really tell much difference but for me it was worth the wait. Good luck.

peg