New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxielover70, May 23, 2006.

1. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I just wanted to say hi and I have been reading a lot of posts. I have not been diagnosed with fm but my massage therapist thinks from my symptoms I have it. I have talked to my general Dr but he is not listening to me. It is very tiring to not be taken seriously or just given steroids. I also have carpal tunnel syndrome and when my hands were examined by an orthopedic surgeon she mentioned I might have arthritis in my wrist. But did she send me for any tests? No. I am just sick of doctors and not being taken seriously. The last couple days I have been in so much pain that I am so frustrated. I hate feeling useless. And it doesn't help that we are doing renovations in our masterbedroom and bath. I just have no strength. Reading the posts makes me feel like I am not so alone in this. Thankfully DH is so supportive. Thanks for reading this.

2. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Is FM, but we have a great group of friends here who can always understand what you are going through and be able to answer questions you may have.

Suzette
  3. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

Welcome to the board. I wish you luck in finding doctors that will listen and understand you.

I don't have much time but I wanted to make sure I said hi.

God bless,
    Sherri
  4. seminolelady

seminolelady New Member

Hi Doxielover70,
    I too am new. Diagnosed with FMS about 3 weeks ago. I am still in the "angry" stage. I am thinking about accepting it tomorrow. I have been pulling a Scarlet for about a week now LOL

My MD has been very supportive. I am in the school system and June 1st marks the first day of my vacation. One month at the beach, and no work or school until August 1st. Maybe during the month I will be able to figure this out.

So, I guess we find ourselves in the same boat. It sure is good to have an online support group. Keep your chin up, it is not too painful. Every day it seems something else hurts...in addition to what already hurts. So as they say,
    "I feel your pain".
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

is doxie a dachshund ?I have two miniature black ones,4years old.a brother and sister.
    Welcome to the board.Im sorry you may have this DD but you will find comfort here and understanding.and alot of very kind people willing to share what has help them.Please feel free to cry,laugh and hope with all of us.
  6. kalina

kalina New Member

I'm glad you found us. You'll learn a lot if you keep reading here.

It can be a long and frustrating process to get a diagnosis, but I hope you get one soon. Best of luck!

Kalina
  7. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

Belle yep doxie if for dachshunds. I have 6 of them. 4 long hair and 2 smooth plus 2 cockers. If anything they keep me busy.
    Prickles yes I wake up often at night. And I find myself always tense. I have to mentally try to remember to relax. And the horrible knots in my muscles. Ugh. I could go on and on. But I know that everyone else pretty much is going through the same thing. It is weird that things that I really didn't think much of are tied to fm. I either have diarrhea or I am constipated. I have corporal tunnel syndrome, can't tolerate cold, noises, smells. I could go on and on. The next step I need to make is to find a Dr that will listen. I guess I keep putting it off cause I am tired of not being taken seriously. Today just was a bad day. But tomorrow will be better. It usually is. Just like everyone else some days are good others not so good. Thanks for listening to me.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of support here. Thank God you have an understanding husband. You can't help how you feel. We all get down sometimes. Anytime you need to talk or just want someone to listen just click right on. Again Welcome!!!!!

Kriket
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love the long haired ones sooooooooo beautiful! But two are enough for me to try to keep up with.Our boy is fixed but the girl can still have babys.I'm just not sure we want to go there cause I'm afraid I'd want to keep all of them lol
    Have a good day!
  10. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

Just like potatoe chips you can't have just one doxie. lol! I am totally in love with the breed.