New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweetpea48, Sep 29, 2006.

1. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

Hi. I've felt bad for decades, but I'm just now about to start my journey into finding out what's wrong with me. I have an appt with my family doc next week. I'm just not able to put one foot in front of the other very well any more.

I haven't had time to read all I want to on this site, but I'm working on it!

I THINK I probably have Chronic Fatigue. I don't have all the symptoms, but I do have many of them.

It's good to find this board, and from what I've read, all the wonderful and helpful folks here.

BTW...I'm 58, from near Atlanta, a nurse, mom, gramdmom and wife.
  2. mlnitzen

mlnitzen New Member

Hi Sweetpea - Welcome. I just recently discovered the site myself and it has been a great resource - I am sure you will discover the same.
  3. suz45

suz45 New Member

Welcome:

Hopefully this site will help you on your journey... I think we are all on a journey and maube part of that is just to help one other person in the process of helping ourselves.

I have FMS and MPS which stands for myofascial pain syndrome, I can't say I experience the same level of fatigue my FM isn't as bad as the pain from the MPS.

I was Dx. in 2000, went into remission for almost two year and due to stress and the major life change of relocating with two teenage girls have been in and out of flares since July, August was terrible.

Am currently seeing my chiro 1-2x per week and trying to pace myself and use the pain as a way to help myself, as odd as that may sound. Post often and particularly when your in a rough place emotionally, physically or spiritually, the members here are helpful and I think with all our combined knowledge, we truly due help each other.

Welcome again,

Suz
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board. There are many helpful, nice people here. I hope you find the answers you are looking for soon. Take care, Kim
  5. pookieruth

pookieruth New Member

Hi There. I'm Lee, otherwise known as Pookieruth here. I'm fairly new myself, having been diagnosed with fibro a month ago, although I've had symptoms for a lot longer.

I'm 51, from upstate NY. I work as a private home health aide, and also at a residential home. This past week or so has been bad - I honestly don't know how I got through work! My left arm aches "bone deep" - I think I would gladly cut it off to get rid of the pain!!

I have two daughters and their families in GA. They both live near Warner Robins AFB. If you happen to see Corey or Sara out there, tell them their old Mom says hi!!

Have a good weekend
    Lee
  6. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

We're so glad you're here!

Roseblossom
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. I know you will find lots of help as well as some wonderful friends here.

I have FM not CFS, but have read enough about it to know how badly it makes one feel.

Again, welcome, and hope we hear from you often...

Shalom, Shirl
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

This is a place where you can find out about the conditions that you may have and you will recive so much info that some times it is over whelming.

I am here at night , late nights as I don't sleep well so any time you feel the need to share or ask a question I will be here to answer you.
    I Hope that you find out what it is that you have and get a doctor to help you deal with it.

Have a good night and get some rest.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  9. baanders

baanders New Member

I really hope for you and all of us a pill for remission is found. This is hard. We have to pull all the strength that we were ever taught or heard of in order to make it. We are all very strong on the inside for making it day by day. You have many roles to fill. I am so proud of you for doing them for all of these years. I believe there is a reason for everything and even suffering. You are a beautiful person. If I needed a nurse, I would want it to be you:)

hugs,
    baanders
  10. loucindy

loucindy New Member

you have come to the board of the wise best wishes cindylou
  11. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

I've only been here a couple of days too, but already feel like part of it. People are very encouraging and supportive, i'm sure you will find it helpful.

x
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome!! You will find alot of nice people here and alot of info to!! So Many people in the Health care profession seem to get this illness! along with alot of other's!
    Makes you wonder why! the support Here is outstanding!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
  13. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

However, I'm sorry we are meeting you under these circumstances. My name is Kim, I'm 24, and I'm a nursing student. I'm also a wife and mom to a sweet-as-pie 5-year old.

I have CFS/ME, and it can be extremely debilitating at times. Also, you may not have all of the symptoms at once. It's common to have some symptoms one day and other symptoms the next day. My most common symptoms are low-grade fevers (although, those have even settled down recently), achiness, sore throats, swollen glands, heart palpitations, feeling extremely weak, and of course the fatigue.

Thankfully, I don't usually have all of the symptoms at the same time. They usually take turns.

The problem with CFS/ME is that it's so difficult to get a diagnosis. It mimics many other illness, such as lupus and thyroid disease, to name a couple. So, it's very important that you get checked out for anything else that could be causing your symptoms. As a nurse, though, I'm sure you are well aware of this.

Again, welcome to our wonderful family here. You'll get lots of great advice and support here.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Welcome to the board. I am fairly new here also. This is a great place with lots of nice people. I hope you can get some answers to your health issues soon. This board is a great resource. Nice to meet you.

Nancy
  15. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

Thank you all for the welcome. I had a little trouble finding my posts, this board moves so quickly. I just now discovered that I could click on my name and find all my posts! I'll blame it on brain fog! lol!

I enjoy reading about each of you, your symptoms, and what has helped and what hasn't. This is an interesting, though horrible disease.

Thank you again! Sorry for being an idjit!

16. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Hi sweetpea! welcome to the board. I'm sure you'll find it helpful. I think this is the best place to find info on CFS and Fibromyalgia. My doctors are always amazed at how many different treatments I'm up to date on, and its all because of the people here.

Hope your family doctor is some help to you, but if he's not, please keep in mind that often general practioners aren't as helpful at treating this illness as pain management or rheumatologists might be. If you don't get the help you are looking for, search out someone else. Good luck!
  17. treehuggr

treehuggr New Member

This is my first-ever time to this board and I'm glad I found it and have started using it.
    By way of intro's, I'm a feminist woman, spouse and secular and I'm from cottage country, the Muskoka region in central Ontario in Canada
  18. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

Prickles, thank you for the most informative post, and thanks for the welcome, all of you.

My family doctor is going to try. She said that if what she does doesn't get me better that she is going to make me go to her colleague who, though an MD, specializes in alternative medicine. He does acupuncture, for instance, but also uses natural treatments and also focuses on diet. We'll see how it goes.
  19. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

Hey, treehuggr.

I'm new, too. Welcome.