New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Trisa, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Trisa

Trisa New Member

Hello. My name is Trisa. Im so glad I found this
    board! I have had FM for 4 years. I did so much running
    to different doctors. Had some very nasty ones who told
    me FM was made up by lazy overweight people who do nothing by lay around all day. Stupid thing is that I am a timy 90 pound girl! I did find a doc who told me flat out that I have FM. I am just now trying meds to see what helps.
    Last night was my first night trying Trazadone to help me
    sleep. It did make me sleepy but I still could not sleep well. I go back to the docs in 2 weeks. I have been feeling VERY depressed. I am 36 with 2 kids. Its so hard as you all know to go day to day hurting. I just quit my job last week and most days I feel like such a bad mother
    because I am so short tempered with the kids these days.
    This all started when I had herniated discs in my neck a few years back. I have also had sciatica since then that drives me crazy! I am lokking forward to meeting you all and learning about FM and what works for some people.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Two avenues to look at for root cause is viral and toxic metals:

Epstein-Barr and Cytomegalo are common viruses that can reach a chronic state in our compromised immune systems. Ask the doc to run blood tests for these.

A good synopsis of toxic metals can be found using a hair analysis. It found high levels of Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic & Antimony in my system. Lead & Mercury weaken the immune system.

For immediate relief, consider Systemic Enzyme therapy. "Forbearance" has had good success with Virastop. Dr. William Wong N.D. recommends Vitalzym. Per Dr. Wong systemic enzymes:
    Cleanse the blood
    Dissolve fibrin blockages that lead to ischemic pain (FM)
    Dissolve scar tissue (herniated discs)
    Modulate the immune system
    Reduce inflammation
    Dissolve the isoprin bond that viruses use to attach to our DNA.

Dr. Wong says to start with 1 capsule / day and add 1 per week until you find your dosage. The results are immediate. My mom [71] started feeling better at 6/day. Forbearance is using 2.

Dr Jacob Teitelbaum has written a great book: From Fatigued to Fantastic. It goes over most of the common causes of CFS & FM. I think its a must-read for all of us.
  3. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

Yes I have found this site to be great I have fibro and M.e I have a lot of pain but I have more problems with dizzyness and sickness and wakening at 6 everymorning feeling terrible I am also having problems with medication.
    I feel for you I am 36 with no kids.
    keep strong xxx
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Welll ... bored but not with the board or the nice peeps. I welcome you tooooo :)

I have learned so much on here from all of the sharing and caring. Everyone is in the same boat and very nice.
  5. Trisa

Trisa New Member

Thanks for the welcome! And All is that something your doc has to give you or is it OTC or online?
  6. jessiejoy

jessiejoy New Member

Welcome...I am new here, also (1st day). I just tried the chat room but I think it's a little too fast for my sloooooow responses at this point!