New Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynnilla, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lynnilla

lynnilla New Member

Hi everyone, I have currently been diagnosed with FM, after about a year of constant pain, severe anxiety and depression. I just hurt all over at times. If I am feeling well, I seem to get the things done around the house or whatever I need to do, but I seem like I am constantly overexerting to the point of having bruises in my legs and arms. I have always been someone who always was on top of things, but for about the last several months i can't get myself together. I have had periods of "fibro fog" to the point where I am in danger of losing a job I absolutely love because of simple mistakes that should not have happened otherwise. I am a divorced single mom with 3 kids. The situation this has worsened the anxiety and depression. I hope the meds the doc prescribed will help. I have enjoyed coming here and listening to everyone's experiences and even laughing at some of the things you all have done while in the "fog" I am so glad to hear I am not ALONE!
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Sorry to hear your one of us.But glad you found us.You won't be alone here!! Robin
  3. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Hello and welcome to the board !

I am still kinda new myself and have not posted really , except to say Hi and I'm new . LOL

I understand the Fog issue all to well, as lately I am making mistakes , things that I normally know ...just don't come.. I am scared, indeed .forgetting to take care of issues for my customers ,feeling confused, I hate it. can't get the words out in the right order .. geezzzzz Can't afford to lose my job.. and I work from home so how much easier Right ! NOT

sorry . please feel welcome to express your frustrations , concerns , feelings , I have been doing a lot of reading , like you , the thing I love about this board is : you know you are not alone, and there are people that YES do understand what your going through... thank God for this

I think of posting when I get real frustrated and then I read someone else going through the same thing the same day .
    and decide not to post after all .

Sorry as you see I yak yak yak ..LOL

Best wishes Lynnilla , you can share with us :)

smiles and soft hugs

Here's to always looking at the positive side of life.

4. lynnilla

lynnilla New Member

Thank you all for your pleasant welcome! I will definitely be checking in regularly. It is so comforting in knowing there are people out there willing to talk. My kids are junior high and high school age and believe me they let me know how dingy I can be at times, but we have all learned to laugh together. I am just trying to get a better understanding of all this. I am not one to let something get me down and appear to be a strong person to others, but I am just screaming on the inside. It's like I am not even me.
  5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I am sorry you are in so much pain. Do you have a decent doctor? Glad to hear you have been enjoying the "fibro fog" stories. I completely understand how you feel- Being one that was on top o everything to Head ready to fall off.
    Just remember you are not alone, we are all here for you.

6. lynnilla

lynnilla New Member

In my opinion the doc is great. I went to him with the anxiety/depression a little over a year ago and back then he thought maybe Sir-Arthur-Itis was kicking in. I didn't much believe that but back then the pain was just in my legs primarily. Now its everywhere...hips, back, neck, feet. He is very supportive and believes that I am hurting. We will see what direction this takes, since I have read that FM mimics so many other diseases. They don't like to give that official diagnosis.