New here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Khalyal, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Looks like you guys have FUN over here. Can I play, too?

2. bct

bct Active Member

(Sorry for shouting, locked my caps.)

This is a fun board. What part of Texas are you from? My father was from Grand Saline, and I lived there a short time when I was tiny. Unfortunately I've lost contact with all my dad's relatives; been thinking about trying to find them again.......maybe some day.

I live in N. Calif. now, out in the sticks. Isolated, but quiet. I garden a little, read, play with my pets, and try to do my best coping with CFS, which I've had since 1994.

3. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Welcome to the board! Yes, we do have a good time over here. I live in Houston,TX. What part of TX do you live in?

I have RA,OA and a host of other health issues too numerous to put down. These boards have really helped me to be able to deal with it and talk about it with other people who sufffer as I do. Other people do not understand what we go through at all.

Today is my birthday and all I can say is I am over 50!!!!
    Having a nice restful day.

Again, welcome to the board.

4. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Nice to meet you both, and thank you for the welcome!

Barry, we are near the DFW metroplex. Where you live now sounds lovely. I adore "out in the sticks". I'm not so crazy about the city.

Linda, I LOVE both Arizona and New Mexico. I always feel better out there. Don't know if it's the lack of humidity or what, but between feeling better and the scenery, I truly hope to relocate out that way one day.

5. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

and a happy birthday to you!

I'm in DFW area. I know what you mean, it is so nice to find a group of people who GET IT when you talk about these crazy illnesses.

I'm so glad you are having a restful day. Whenever anyone asks me what I want for my birthday, I always say, "Peace and quiet!" lol

6. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

HECK no, that's not me in the balloon! lol! No, that pic was taken at my sister's house, they fly right over her roof all the time on the weekends. It's an awesome sight, and the sound of the gas jets in the early morning is all you hear. So cool.

Thank you for whatever tips you can give me on the Medical Board. I'm still struggling on how to cope with all this stuff.

Warm hugs
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people to chat with here. Come visit on the porch; the light is on.

8. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Thank you for the welcome. I will certainly slide on over to the porch! Thanks for the invite.

9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Sorry you have FM/CFS or whatever, but glad you found this board. It is a great place to hang out.

You've had a lot of rain, eh? Wow! Though Texas was going to float right out into the Gulf. Hot, rainy and muggy...ugh.

Glad to meet you. I live in the same general area as BCT...just a little north and not as "stickie" if you know what I mean. We don't live in a big town, but it is a city...

Again, welcome. Look forward to getting to know you.

10. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Nice to meet you both.

Yes, Sue, I thought we were going to float out to the Gulf too. Actually got excited thinking I might end up with beachfront property after all!

4everkid, I'm just amazed at how much good information is on the fm/cfs board. I learned more in an afternoon of reading over there than I have in several years of dr visits. Finally! It's just wonderful to have suspicions/feelings validated.

Hugs to you both