New here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sheilalewallen1970, Jul 8, 2008.

1. sheilalewallen1970

sheilalewallen1970 New Member

I just wanted to introducte myself, my name is Sheila, 37, married and have two very spoiled dogs. In May, was diagnosed with fibro by my d.o., next week see an ra doctor. I am various meds for migraines, lexapro for anxiety/depression, and now take lyrica (which am not crazy about the side effects). It has been hard last couple of months, but am learning, switched to different job in January, new employers are very understanding. Try to move everyday, would love to get some extra weight off. I lose and gain the same seven pounds, LOL. Fibro runs in the family, along with migraines, etc. You would think there would be support from that but there is not, so am founding new avenues to help. So hope to chat with everyone whether thru here or on chat. Also have yahoo and myspace acct., if anyone wants to "chat" that way also.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome to Our World!,,Sorry to hear you have FM~~~Migraines!!,,,,,There is a very Supportive Group of Folks here!,,,,,so jump right in and ask questions and share your jokes,,,recipies,,,etc,,,,,,,again Welcome!,,,,,,,Sis,,,p.s. there are alot of pet owners---lovers here too!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

We have a book club and the porch on this board. As you probably know, if you click on "message boards" above you can visit other boards at this site. The rules are in the upper right-hand corner.

This site is my social life; I come here everyday to chat and have a few laughs. You can read my profile if you click on my name at the left.

4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Welcome to the chit chat board! This is a warm and friendly group of folks. Look forward to talking to you!

Warm wishes,

5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Looks like the welcome wagon is out! Hope you enjoy this place it gets to be abit like home after awhile.

How about filling out your profile?? You don't have to, but it helps us all to get to know you, or go back and recheck when we forget who's who! LOL
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

So glad you found us. I have been on here for quite a while but lately only come to visit once in a while. I am the "senior citizen" of the group and have FMS and arthritis!!!Double whammy!!!!

You will find the most wonderful friends here. You may ask any kind of a question and we will try to answer it. Don't be shy~~~~~keep chatting and you wil find us all friends.

Gentle Hugs,

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Welcome Shiela,

As you can see there are lots of friendly, and smart people around here on these boards. So holler out if you need anything. Feel free to check the other boards including the FM Board and other boards if interested. I see you have already found the chit chat board. Here is where you can talk about almost anything, vent, share recipes, etc.

Hope to talk to you again soon.

Hugs and blessings,

[This Message was Edited on 07/08/2008]
  8. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

It's good to have you join us. You'll learn your way around the boards here quickly. Don't be afraid to ask for any help you need with that. Some of us have been here quite a while and know the ropes pretty well. We'll all be glad to help you.

Like Joan, I have FMS and Arthritis. I'm 62 yres. old and disabled. No pets allowed where I live, but I'd love a little dog. I'm almost single.

Join right in our discussions. Post on any board you like whenever you like. You are welcome here. I'm sure you have alot of knowledge and experience to share with us also. We are all in these DD's together.

Hugs, dolores
  9. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I am 54, Fibro, arthritis, COPD, PTSD,and kidney failure....LOL!!!!!! Sounds bad, but I keep plugging along. I work full time, and keep moving the old bod. I am afraid if I don't it will stop moving PERIOD!!!!!

I love animals, but can't have any, so I often take care of other peoples dogs, cats, and horses.... Yes, I am NUTS too!!!!

Weight......Well I think we all suffer from the same.....