New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Katzmaman, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Katzmaman

Katzmaman New Member

Hi, i am new to thi group, but not new to this DD......
    am really having a horrid time of a flare. esp due to Isidore's visit.
    the barometric presure has had me flat in bed since Tuesday, pain meds not helping a bit. Thank heaven I have a appt w/ my pain doc on the 2nd.
    I hate,hate,hate this unrelenting pain and severe fatigue. I can not shake it. I am so exhausted that I am barely able now to care for my fuzzbutts, but without them, I would be so lost. They really give me a reason to make the attempt to get up daily. I work full-time and spend my time off crashed out on my couch.
    energy permitting, i do participate in a few different FM and Hep C NG's. Seems loike this summer had been the worst for me and being dx'd in July with Hep C has not helped matters a bit. I feel so lonely, angry, scared and isolated. I am struggling to make a living but it is os hard when most times I feel too exhausted to go to work and the pain is a &^%*$#@!!
    I missed over 5 weeks this summer and so am afriad of missing anymore and losing my job and therefore my insurance. I caled ut last Wednesday kuz of severe IBS pain and the manger made a comment about my missing alot of work (I had not missed more than 1 or 2 days work for nearly a year until this July!) and I wound up in the hospital due to the severity of the IBS attack.
    I just want to have some energy!!! I am drained and so listleess. so much so, none of my friends call me anymore. just when I really need to have a support system.
    Is there anyone else here who is also going thru this?? fighting FM/CMPS/CFS and Hep C together?
    well, I am rambling, so I'll sign off.
    Kat
  2. Katzmaman

Katzmaman New Member

Hi, i am new to thi group, but not new to this DD......
    am really having a horrid time of a flare. esp due to Isidore's visit.
    the barometric presure has had me flat in bed since Tuesday, pain meds not helping a bit. Thank heaven I have a appt w/ my pain doc on the 2nd.
    I hate,hate,hate this unrelenting pain and severe fatigue. I can not shake it. I am so exhausted that I am barely able now to care for my fuzzbutts, but without them, I would be so lost. They really give me a reason to make the attempt to get up daily. I work full-time and spend my time off crashed out on my couch.
    energy permitting, i do participate in a few different FM and Hep C NG's. Seems loike this summer had been the worst for me and being dx'd in July with Hep C has not helped matters a bit. I feel so lonely, angry, scared and isolated. I am struggling to make a living but it is os hard when most times I feel too exhausted to go to work and the pain is a &^%*$#@!!
    I missed over 5 weeks this summer and so am afriad of missing anymore and losing my job and therefore my insurance. I caled ut last Wednesday kuz of severe IBS pain and the manger made a comment about my missing alot of work (I had not missed more than 1 or 2 days work for nearly a year until this July!) and I wound up in the hospital due to the severity of the IBS attack.
    I just want to have some energy!!! I am drained and so listleess. so much so, none of my friends call me anymore. just when I really need to have a support system.
    Is there anyone else here who is also going thru this?? fighting FM/CMPS/CFS and Hep C together?
    well, I am rambling, so I'll sign off.
    Kat
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

so sorry you're here under such difficult situations, but you've found a great site w/ tons of information from the library & from the members themselves.

I got hope when I came & saw how many had been able to improve the quality of their lives (not cured! but better than they were). I've learned so much in the short time I've been dx'd w/ fms & cfids. There are some here who go natural, some use meds, some (most) use some combination.

One of the best things I learned was the importance of keeping a daily log of symptoms...then prioritizing your most bothersome ones & "attacking" those first w/ info from here & your doctor. Being an informed patient is so critical w/ these DDs. You can do a "search messages" at top for members comments or go to the library/e-mail bulletin.

This is also a place for support, so now you know that you're not alone. Will look forward to more of your posts...hang in there!! Take care, Michele

4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I can relate to your frustration. I have fms along with a host of other ailments (IC, osteoarthritis, DDD,DJD etc etc)I have had 3 surgeries in 3 years and was fired from my job on the 5th of this month for too many absences, I am an ultrasound techmologist and the hospitla I worked at only allows 6 occurences a year and then you are fired. Occurances = any time you call in sick without a 24 hour notice. Hard to adhere to, not to mention I handed in my disability note to my boss to have knee surgery, torn meniscus and ACL-had surgery last friday.

Been fighting with workman's comp-who denied my claim-now fighting with my disability company. My disability started the same day I was terminated and they are "doing their own investigation" to see if THEY THINK it was work realated or not-their decision is independant to what WC thought.

I am hoping and praying they see their way clear to give me my benefits. Just had meniscus repaired and a look see orthoscopically at acl and not good news looks like another surgery on the way -Uggggggggg!

Until the knee took me out I pushed for years and years returning to school at age 38 and working fulltime with two kids and a hubby who travels for a living and is not around at all someimes for a year at a time.

I am under care of a pain management doc too due to my cspine fusion surgery in dec of last year.

it seems I have been in a constant flare now for 4 years with the surgeries-never took time out to heal properly-was back to work 8 weeks post op to fusion surgery-this time through the grace of god Iam taking as long as it takes to get well-well as i can anyway LOL

welcome to the boards-we are here for you. My email address is cathysinger@hotmail.com if you would like to talk.

god bless

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  5. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Hi Kat. Yes, I have FMS/CFS/IBS and Hep C too. Pain in the butt, huh! It's hard not knowing which (if any) is the actual culprit in our symptoms or if it's a combination of all of them or if it's still some unknown virus we have.

Someday, we'll get better. I'm going to be starting a class on emerging infectious diseases hoping to learn more about the body's immune system and perhaps a virus in charge of CFS if there is such a thing. Anyway, I think it'll be informative.

I've had Hep C for 10 years now and my liver levels are great, in fact, I've almost gotten rid of the virus on my own. My PCR numbers are so low it's almost unreadable now. My gastro thinks that's why I've been so sick....my body's busy making lots of interferon to kill off the Hep C...but I've had lots of different explanations, none of which appear to be true yet. So, I live in pain most days and study as much as I can, in hopes of a cure and that I'll feel good some day. I'm lucky enough to have gotten disability since I haven't been able to work for some time.

Hope you're enjoying what you can each day, pain or no pain. I know it's hard, but I truly believe what we are going through will totally be worth it someday and we will understand why when we can see the big picture.

~LISA
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

I feel for you. I was dx'd 06-02 and had no idea why the past 2 1/2 yrs. I could not do a thing but barely work!!! Work 40 hrs. week, every day after work at 5pm go home, take a hot bath and climb into bed w/ T.V. Thank God for T.V.!!!! Sounds chummy and lazy but I love it. What else would we do? Stare at the ceiling? HA!!! We do enough of that laying awake at night anyway!!! HA!!! I finally got fed up with hurting, brain fog and MAJOR fatigue and made my PCP Dr. refer me to a pain mgt. doc. and I am on Lorcet 10. 3-4 a day. See I was also in a near fatal wreck and my whole right side top to bottom was affected. And I have a metal bolt sticking out of my knee and metal in my ankle, talk about PAIN DAILY!!! My right wrist had 3 pins sticking out of it; now I just suffer w/ pain from it. So I have Fibro and I know CFS-had CFS since 89. I was in another wreck then and my neck and shoulders were thrown in a sideways whiplash hitting the window and the front dash thanks to the jerk I use to be married to. I loved your message about your fuzzbutts. I have a doggy fuzzbutt, but I use to have Poohbear- my kitty for 15 years. I will get another fuzzybutt kitty soon. They do keep your depression down and they do love you!!! Hang in there and try to watch your diet-No Sugars of any kind, no diet stuff, NO lactose, dextrose, fructose, glucose, sucrose...anything that ends in "ose". Also stay away from carbs and starches and caffeine. It really helps. Also take magnesium w/ malic acid and B-5. It helps!!! Tremendously!!! Watch out for the "ose" stuff in your vitamins and supplements. Hope this helps!! See Ya!! Pamela
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2002]
  7. LindaH

LindaH New Member

I'm new too.My bio says July can't remember that. Thought I signed on Sept 25. ?? Goes to show you where my head is. Somewhere in the fog I suppose. I can really relate to your pain and frustration. The pain and fatique is awful and quite unrelenting. I don't work away from home although I really need to be able to. It can be anything but calm around here. Our daughter, sil, their two little girls and our son all live here with my husband and me. Anyway this weather can do us all in. I have FM,bulging discs, degenerative arthritis in my hips, diabetes2, high blood pressure, IBS, acid refux, asthma, allergies and possible raynauds. I am a walking pharmacy. I hope you will soon have some relief and peace of mind about your job. You will be in my prayers. Linda

[ advertisement ]