New Here!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marilynn, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Marilynn

Marilynn New Member

Hi! I am new to this board and I am finding some good info. Myself I have had fibro for around forty years and cope as best I can. But I have sciatica for the last couple of years and getting to the point I can't stand the pain anymore. Has anyone had any success with a pain reliever for sciatica. I have even tried a epidurel, chiropractor, T-3's, Darvon-N, physio, Naproxen..that is about all I can remember at the moment. Yesterday the doctor gave me some samples of Celebrex. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Marilynn
  2. Marilynn

Marilynn New Member

Hi! I am new to this board and I am finding some good info. Myself I have had fibro for around forty years and cope as best I can. But I have sciatica for the last couple of years and getting to the point I can't stand the pain anymore. Has anyone had any success with a pain reliever for sciatica. I have even tried a epidurel, chiropractor, T-3's, Darvon-N, physio, Naproxen..that is about all I can remember at the moment. Yesterday the doctor gave me some samples of Celebrex. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Marilynn
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I don't have a suggestion for you, but did want to welcome you. dolsgirl
  4. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. I have really enjoyed being on this group. You have come to the right place for answers.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

And Welcome :)
    Glad to hear that your have found yourself some good info here. The people around the boards are great!

Lease
  6. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

I'm new here too. Nice to meet you Marilyn.
    I have sciatica also. Both sides and down thighs. I have had 5 epidurals in the past and only 2 worked. I heat my beanie bag in the microwave and sit on it, that helps. I also have spine and cervical problems and chronic pain and am on MS Contin, so that helps with the others. I tried Celebrex for awhile. It made me really wierd. I couldn't judge my motor skills. Thought I was walking a crocked line and things like that. So I had to go off of it. It also didn't seem to help my pain. Vioux really helped my aches, but made me sick in the stomach after taking for awhile. So, I just take it off and on when I am really bad or going to be doing something, I'm ok with it that way.
    If you find anything else, let me know. Good luck.
    Darla
  7. Marilynn

Marilynn New Member

Not too sure how to reply around here yet. I would like to thank dolsgirl, poodlegirl, Lease79 and Darla for replying to me and making me feel welcome. Darla I think this Celebrex that I was put on Tuesday seems to be helping me a little bit. Very hopeful! When the pain breaks through I take a T-3 and I am able to carry on. I too love the bean bags or magic bags too. They are very soothing aren't they. Marilynn