New Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by endofrope, Nov 4, 2002.

1. endofrope

endofrope New Member

Hi, just joined this group, thought I would introduce myself, I'm Sue and have had FM for 8 years, I am so tired of hurting. Have tried numerous drugs, but they only work for a while. Was reading on the internet about this new drug called pregabalin, it sounds promising but won't be on the market until next year. Has anyone out there heard of it? Thanks
  2. endofrope

endofrope New Member

Hi, just joined this group, thought I would introduce myself, I'm Sue and have had FM for 8 years, I am so tired of hurting. Have tried numerous drugs, but they only work for a while. Was reading on the internet about this new drug called pregabalin, it sounds promising but won't be on the market until next year. Has anyone out there heard of it? Thanks
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

glad you found this board, it's great support.

If you want to know whether people here have heard about pregabalin (I haven't), you may want to write a new post with something like 'have you heard of pregabalin' as title, then the right people are more likely to take notice of it.

Susanne
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Welcome to the board. I was diagnosed with FM, but either I really didn't have it, or it was due to things like a low thyroid and/or bacteria/yeast overgrowth, which have been corrected, and thus I don't have the pain anymore. However, I do have CFS, which has improved greatly.

I am not familiar with the medication you mentioned, but I did want to recommend somethings for you. Be sure to check out the tabs at the top of the page. Both the "Home" tab and the "Libary" tap have great information on dealing with FM through diet, supplements, medications, therapies, etc. You'll find that this site has some of the most up-to-date research availavle anywhere, including links to other sites as well as books. So, you'll definately want to get to know those two areas of this site, which I mentioned. I'm sure you'll get some great advice from your fellow FM sufferers, too.

Again, welcome to the board,
    Annette
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  5. endofrope

endofrope New Member

Thanks for the welcome letter, I am sure I will enjoy it here.
    Sue
  6. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Glad you found us, just sorry you need us. I haven't heard of that medicine, but I am going to research it. I will try anything once!!
    Hope to get to know you better,
    Duff
  7. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Sue I found to different sites for you regarding the meds.
    http://www.med.umich.edu/opm/newspage/2002/pregabalin.htm
    and
    http://www.pfizer.com/pfizerinc/about/press/pregabalin0521.html