new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nogilroy, Nov 9, 2002.

1. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

Hi it is nice to find a place were others understand what we are going though .I have been reading here for the past few weeks , a lot of my qustions that i ask my self have been answred. Like the pain i go though in a day .OR i mean we go though And it is hard to make others understand like family. So I do not talk about it. I try not to bother my two childern they have thier own lives . My husband is good but there are times.
    He has said you look good so how can you be sick , you need to work out side the home . i know he works hard has 2 jobs but time i do house work and work outside in the spring and summer i figure that is a job.
    Also my father lives with us know thats okay with us But on the same day as my husband said that to me my dad said i had know idea what pain was he has arthritis in one knee .

So now i dont say any thing .Just try to go on Sorry to babble on and on This is the most i ever said or wrote about it
  2. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

Hi it is nice to find a place were others understand what we are going though .I have been reading here for the past few weeks , a lot of my qustions that i ask my self have been answred. Like the pain i go though in a day .OR i mean we go though And it is hard to make others understand like family. So I do not talk about it. I try not to bother my two childern they have thier own lives . My husband is good but there are times.
    He has said you look good so how can you be sick , you need to work out side the home . i know he works hard has 2 jobs but time i do house work and work outside in the spring and summer i figure that is a job.
    Also my father lives with us know thats okay with us But on the same day as my husband said that to me my dad said i had know idea what pain was he has arthritis in one knee .

So now i dont say any thing .Just try to go on Sorry to babble on and on This is the most i ever said or wrote about it
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Hello! Let me be the first, of sure one of many, to welcome you to the board. I'm glad alot of you questions have already been answered. I too am fairly new to here.The people are wonderful, and the information is priceless. Everyone is going trough pretty much what you are, and its good to know that we have this board to come too.Again let me say"welcome" and hopefully you will be a repeast writter.....queenbee69
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

nice to meet you I am glad you are benefiting from this site it is the best around. I am sorry your family are not taking your illness seriously but hopefully they will in time, it took a long time for me to admit to mine that I was even sick. I have had to give up work now so they are begining to realise that I am worse than I look. Try to educate them by leaving information around it may work.
    best wishes
    Pat
  5. mfigue

mfigue New Member

I am new to the boards also, but I really feel at home with family that are understanding here. Like yourself alot of my questions have been answered here. There are days I can't even type so I just read questions others make that are very informative. This site I believe was God sent for those of us who don't have a support group where they live. To be honest I feel much better at home then I do in the street. I use to love to drive but now I much rather be a passenger.
    Also, I find that my husband is starting to understand I give as much information as possible and I got him to go to my Dr's appointments with me. This way the info. is coming straight from the horse's mouth. Now he is seeing that what I've told him and what the Dr. says are the same. We don't want to be sick all of the time.

It'll get better, I'll keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless and Soft Hugs!!
    MLF
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2002]
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Welcome to the best information site that you will find. So sorry your family does not understand, but it is hard for anyone who is not affected to do so. Have you sent for the pamphlets that this site offers? They are always the first message, and they will send up to 99 free. They help a lot in educating people.
    Kathryn
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Welcome to the board. I am a new arrival, as well. This is a great source of information as well as support. Sometimes it takes a family awhile to catch on. We sufferers get the quick expediated lesson--all to real! Meanwhile they must make observances at the sideline, never completely feeling or understanding what we go through. Be patient with them, and involve them in as much of your treatment as possible.
    Hope to hear more from you--
    Best wishes,
    Karen
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

It`s nice to meet you. You`ll find long overdue under-
    standing here. I have the same problem with my family not getting it with this fm. I don`t talk about it much either, because if I do they usually say something stupid
    that upsets me. For me, people not understanding is the hardest part of this illness.

I hope you`re having a good Sunday and feeling a little better today.
  9. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

i want to thank-you all for welcoming me to this site iam sure i will learn a lot here may be say somthing once in a while it is nice to feel at home with others that understand what we go though .
    i hope that you all have a good night and a good night sleep sweet dreams and pain thank you
  10. clueless

clueless New Member

although you try and describe this disease to people and tell them there is no cure and that you just have to find pain meds. to keep you going they will still say "hope you start feeling better". I don`t know whether they don`t really listen or can`t imagine an illness that you can`t take medicine and get rid of. It is one of the most frustrating things about this disease. I would`nt wish this on anyone else but I sure wish there was a way to let people know how this feels for a few days. They would learn to listen better and never give an off hand remark again.