New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momof3dancers, Dec 2, 2002.

1. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

Hi all I am new here and new to FMS as well I also have TMJ..is that a common thing to any one else? Anyway...I am taking Clebrex and Amitriptylin...although I was Diagnosed just about 6 weeks ago i think thta I have had this for A LONG time...all those pressure points...yadayada...The doctor that I have just doesn't seem to suportive...he is nce and all but...I just don't know...I am feeling better now.. except for the neck area does anyone have any suggestions ~!!! It is driving me mad!! Also I noticed that quite a few of you had been tested for MS is that the usuall standard? I was never tested for any of that and as a matter of fact ... teh 2 docs I saw before this one seemd to have the idea that I was just lazy and liked to complaine.. and get out of work... which is why I am seeing the new one.. but he just wants to give me more drugs and INJECTIONS... Do the injections even work am I just being silly.. I had cortize in my knee when I was in HS and I just cant bring myself to do that again... OUCH!! But am a being silly...I really don't know what to do I live in Wisconsin also.. does anyone know of a support group? I guess that is all for now I do so apoligize for my rambleing on so!!! I was jsut so excited to find this site

2. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

Hi all I am new here and new to FMS as well I also have TMJ..is that a common thing to any one else? Anyway...I am taking Clebrex and Amitriptylin...although I was Diagnosed just about 6 weeks ago i think thta I have had this for A LONG time...all those pressure points...yadayada...The doctor that I have just doesn't seem to suportive...he is nce and all but...I just don't know...I am feeling better now.. except for the neck area does anyone have any suggestions ~!!! It is driving me mad!! Also I noticed that quite a few of you had been tested for MS is that the usuall standard? I was never tested for any of that and as a matter of fact ... teh 2 docs I saw before this one seemd to have the idea that I was just lazy and liked to complaine.. and get out of work... which is why I am seeing the new one.. but he just wants to give me more drugs and INJECTIONS... Do the injections even work am I just being silly.. I had cortize in my knee when I was in HS and I just cant bring myself to do that again... OUCH!! But am a being silly...I really don't know what to do I live in Wisconsin also.. does anyone know of a support group? I guess that is all for now I do so apoligize for my rambleing on so!!! I was jsut so excited to find this site

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Have you checked out our home page? There is a lot of info there and I believe it includes support group info. You can also contact a local hospital, or arthritis group which will probably be able to steer you in the right direction.

We aren't allowed to name websites here, but there is one that lists docs who treat both CFS and FM. Some of us can access this list from the home page, but others of us get a different list of info. In case that is the case with you here's how to find the website. It's under cocure and it's a dot org.

This site is used by people with both or either CFS and FM. Some of the posts you read , such as the MS one, may be more specific to one syndrome than the other. I haven't been tested for it either and I have both CFS and FM, but I have a great doc and I'm sure if he sees a need he will do so.

Hope this helps. By the way, welcome to the board. You'll find great info and support here.

Barbara
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Join the fun!!! Yes, I have a history of TMJ problems and have had three major surgeries on it in the past...the last time was 12 years ago....rough stuff!
    Everything you describe is right-on-the-money with FMS. Even the non-supportive doctor is quite common here! But, you can get a wealth of knowledge and support here. Glad you're here!
    Love,
    Kady
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. You could read some of the articles etc, on the Library here, it should help you with the doctor as well as helping yourself.

Also, this is a great book on Fibro; 'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome' by Devin Starlanyl. She is a medical doctor who has Fibro. It was very helpful to me and my family to understand what I was living with.

Glad you have found us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Barbara's advice on the "Co Cures Good Doctor Lists" is great, under Dr. Referral ---Top of this page.
    There seems to be some great sounding Docs in Wisconsin. Someone who treats fibro and cfs regularly, and keeps atop of the lastest research, is the route to go.
    Nice to meet you--hope you can find a good Doc, and begin an individualized treatment, that will make you feel better.
    Karen
    Support Groups can also be found on the top of the page...tab, far right.
  7. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

thanks but none are really in my area.. well the milwaukee one is but not in my PPO plan.....so but thanks anyway...I will keep on checkin and stuff doing resaerch on my own and take it to my doc. if he wont listen the i will jut go to another one.... i really don't care anymore if it pisses anyone off or if the get hurt feelings or uset.. thining back i have been living w/ this for probably half of my life and i will not sit back quietly nor will i let anyone tell me that it is "all in my head"..or ask me.. "has anything been bothering you latly?"..ie "are u depressed?"..I m not CRAZY...not depressed and hell everyone has something on thir mind.. jobs, kids, family, neighbors.. etc.. does the whole world need an anti-depressant? I don't need more drug I need... D..I am rambeling SO Sorry..
    Thanks again for al your replies