New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mom2Two, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Mom2Two

Mom2Two New Member

Well, I am new here. I am angry. I am fat. I am depressed. I don't know what to do with myself. I am NOT functioning. I have fibromyalgia and CFS. It is almost 12:30 AM and I can't sleep, once again. My rheumatologist only gave me darvocet which is now making me incredibly itchy about 45 mins after taking it. Isn't there something else I can take to help the achy? I can't live on Darvocet or any other pain med for the rest of my life. Flexeril makes me incredibly dizzy. Sorry for being such a downer. I just feel so lost. How can I find a support group in my area? I feel like I need to hear people talk about this. I like the idea of a message board, but I need "instant gratification" too. KWIM?
  2. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

Hi, I just woke up for the second time tonight and figured I check on the board...nothing else to do at 3:30am right? Please don't be discouraged...i know that's impossible, but the only words i have for is what my mom has always said to me ever since i can remember....."this too shall pass"...and it always does. whatever bad feelings you have, or your pain, or whatever is plaguing you tonight... it will get better....keep working with your rheumy on your meds and you will figure it out... there's a ton of people here who care and will give you great encouragement and wonderful info on just about anything you want to know. i truly hope your night gets better...sweet dreams:)
    peace, hugs, god bless, Camelgirl
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

hello and welcome to the boards. these boards have helped me more than i can say and i'm sure you too will find validation in them - even if you do find a support group locally. i'm in a good mood today, have gotten a hot tip for a doctor not too far away from me and just went shopping and almost everything i needed was on special - i guess it doesn't take much to make me happy. my pain level is bearable today, although walking around the shopping centre was not too good. hope you feel better soon.

phenom
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I can relate to how you feel. I am sure that all of us here have felt angry and frustrated at times. While I find this board to be a great source for support and information, it is great to be able to talk to people in person. I was very fortunate in that the small town I live in has a support group for fibromyalgia. It's only five minutes from my house! Have you checked the support group info here? Of course, not all groups are listed. I see my group isn't listed, but I intend to talk to the leader tonight (we meet once a month) and get us on here. I live in southern Michigan near the Ohio border. Why don't you do another post and ask if anyone knows of a support group in your area if you don't find one on the support group listing?

As for the pain medication, for me it's been trial and error. I am currently on Ultracet, which has helped me. I haven't found anything that totally takes away the pain, but from what people have said here and what I have read, it doesn't sound like there is anything that totally takes away the pain and stiffness. But anything is a help. I also take melatonin 3 mg. and Elavil 10 mg. (along with the Ultracet) about an hour before bedtime to help me sleep. Again, it's not a perfect solution, but I do have more good nights now than I used to. I also take the Ultracet during the day as needed. I don't take it any more than I have to.

Well, hope this was some help. Good luck to you.

Ellen