New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Red1967, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Red1967

Red1967 New Member

Hi everyone!
    I'm new here, but not to fms. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago, but have been sick most of my life. When I started getting sicker, really fast, I complained enough to finally get diagnosed. At this point, I have so many things going on healthwise, it is hard to separate each problem, since they overlap so much. Besides fms, I have osteoarthritis, degenerative disk disease, bulging disks, bipolar (manic depressive) disorder and agoraphobia. I'm in the midst of tests for interstitial cystitis, Sjorgren's syndrome, and MS. I am no longer able to work, and never leave my house without my husband. And only then for doc appts. I am in the reconsideration phase of applying for SSDI.
    I am 36, married 17 years to a wonderfully supportive husband. We have a 15 year old daughter, also diagnosed with fms. We also have 3 canine children, lol.

I see alot of interesting info here, and look forward to getting to know you all.
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Welcome to the board. I too, am fairly new here. I can tell you that you will get the best advise, support & comfort when you need it right here. Most everyone is so compasionate - like one very big family!!

Just wanted to say hi & look forward to getting to know you better also.

Good health......Kathi
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Red, glad you found our board. We can all relate to your problems, in one way or the other.

We have some wonderful, supportive, informed people on this board, and I know you will be making a lot of friends in short order.

I have three children, all grown and five 'fur kids' too! Love those animals, they are so sensitive to our moods and make life a little easier for us. They ask nothing but our love for all their good deeds.

Sorry to hear your young daughter has FM, that is so hard for a teenager. I sure hope they find something soon to help the young people.

Again,welcome to our world!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the Board! So glad you found us. You are right about the info--this is a great place to research and also for support.

I have FMS/CFS...and like you have a nifty hubby we will have been married 27 years in a month! I have 4 children, two grown, with a 15 and 13 year old left at home.

I'm like you, in the fact that I don't go anywhere, unless husband is in the drivers seat--without his love and support I would be like a beached whale!

Hope to get to know you better!
    Again, Welcome!
    LL
  5. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Welcome--Welcome!!

I was diagnosed last November with this disease plus I also have degenerative disk disease and arthritis in my back so I know how you feel. I have a dog and cat and some days they are the only ones who keep me sane!

I have found much info here about fibro and the people here are always ready to answer any question. Plus---there are lots of ((((HUGS)))) here too!

Nice to meet you and hope that you enjoy your time here.
    Take care and laugh when you can. lynnkat
  6. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

Just want to say welcome! This is a great place to be- I like you have found my world getting smaller and smaller. I dont work right now and just do what I can to hold the house together. I have three kids -one grown and two still at home. I dont have FM but CFS but can relate to all the life changes we have had to go through. I'm glad you have a supportive husband. Mine is slowly getting better. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Gardengrow
  7. krysta

krysta New Member

Hi Red,, I also have FMS, and DDD. I have recently had an MRI and found out that I have a ruptured disk, and a herniated disk in my lumbarspine. I just found this site,, I have read through alot of messages here, and have learned so much. It is so nice to meet you.

Krysta