New here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Cel~, Jun 9, 2003.

1. ~Cel~

~Cel~ New Member

Hi everyone,

I just registered with the boards and wanted to say hello. I'm 30 years old, have a 9 year old son and a great boyfriend. I was diagnosed with FM about a month ago and started taking Desyrel last week, which has helped me sleep. My main symptoms are pain in the legs, painful joints, swelling, headaches and TMJ. Also, I've been getting hives every day since March. I'm trying to remain positive and taking it one day at a time (although that's harder on some days than others). I live in Quebec, Canada.

Well, enough about me! Thanks for reading me and I look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks,

Celine
  2. benton

benton New Member

Cel

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the wonderful site. Im sure you will feel right at home here, there are so many kind and helpful people on here. This is the place to be if you have any worries, questions etc..

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  3. 2girls

2girls New Member

Welcome!

Another Quebecer (I think we are the only ones on board).
    I live in St. Constant, Quebec (south shore). Where exactly do you live? I am 38 and have had this for 2 years. You will meet many who have had this for much, much longer.

Looking forward to your posts,

2girls

4. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

Be sure and use the search engine. You often get alot of info there about things too.
    I think it helps especially if you are new or when one gets a new symptom. At least that is what it does for me. I all of the sudden have something new that bothers me and find info from months back I did not read before.

Hope it is cooler there.

Take care,

Lynda B.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Celine, welcome to our world. Glad to have you join us. I see you have already met a fellow countryman (woman??) here.

I have had Fibromyalgia for 20 plus years, so I sure know how you are feeling.

I do not have TMJ, but a lot of our members here do suffer from this also.

Will be looking forward to hearing from you often, and glad you are getting some sleep. That is so very important for us.

Again, welcome............

Shalom, Shirl
  6. andi

andi New Member

Hi, Celine.
    I'm Andi and have been dealing with Fibro for several years now. I also have multiple allergies, rashes and swelling of the lips from allergies. Some days are worse than others, huh? I don't know if this will help you but my allergist put me on pepcid 20mg twice a day and Allegra 180mg once a day and it has helped to control the rashes and swelling. Some days I have breakthrough problems but for the most part it has helped. Pepcid works on the rashes from the inside and allegra the outside.

This is a good place to learn but it's also a great place for encouragement. It helps to know you're not alone.
    Nice to meet you.
    andi
  7. ~Cel~

~Cel~ New Member

Hi again!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

2girls, I live in Lasalle, so we're not that far apart!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Celine