New Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by traceyhamm, Jun 18, 2003.

1. traceyhamm

traceyhamm New Member

Hi! I found this site while surfing for fellow FMS sufferers in my area. I found one person by a post that popped up in my search. I am hoping that maybe I can get both support and am hoping that somehow I can find a support group locally.

I am 40. Mom to 3 kids, 21, 18 and 11 with only the 11 year old left at home, wife to one husband (who would need more? <GRIN>). I have a new granddaughter too. I have 2 dogs and a cat, love horses but had to sell mine last year and am still working full time, but finding it very hard. Unfortunately, I have to work to keep a roof over the family heads.

I have managed to keep a good attitude and tend to find the positive side of things.

NancyW, I live very near you in Aztec and would love to get in touch with you. I am working the 3-11 shift tonight and will check the board either late tonight or tomorrow morning to see if you are interested in talking with me. You are so right in saying that this is a small town area with poor misinformed Drs and a generally frustrating attitude. I think the open minded Drs tend to hit the big cities, but I love my life here in the boonies.

Take care and have a gentle day, Tracey
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Welcome!! I don't live near you but wanted to say hi anyway!! We have alot in common woman!! I have FM....I've been ill for 11 years now.I have 3 children,one grown,2 small enough to need my care...They are 6 and 10.
    I stopped working due to illness awhile ago~ I miss it! and hope to get back to some kind of life in the near future~ Hope we become friends here! BTW....to check out any members bio,just click onto their name and it'll pop up!! (you have to be logged in)
    ((Hugs)),
    Tracey (yup!)not kidding~lol
  3. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi Tracey. Welcome. I am also a mother of 3. 2 out of the house and a 15 year old son still at home. I am 45 and was just recently diagnosed with fm, but have suffered for several year. I live in Oregon. This site has been a great place for me to come and read the message boards and also get involved in the chats.
    tlc8858