NEW HERE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by autumn1119, Jun 21, 2003.

1. autumn1119

autumn1119 New Member

HI, OUT THERE!

MY NAME IS AUTUMN, AND I'M 26. I'M NEW TO THE WORLD OF FIBROMYALGIA, AND TO YOUR BOARD. I ALSO SUFFER FROM GRAVES DISEASE, NOW HYPOTHROIDISM, AS WELL AS BRONCHIOLITIS OBLITERANS/SWYER JAMES SYNDORME CAUSED BY A NEAR FATAL VIRAL PNUEMONIA WHEN I WAS 14. ANYONE ELSE HAVE SIMILAR COMBINATIONS? IT SEEMS THAT SINCE THEN ONE SYSTEM AFTER ANOTHER SEEMS TO HAVE GONE HAYWHIRE ON ME. I WAS ALSO LABELED ASYMPTOMATIC BY ALL MY DOCTORS WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE FUN.

I HAVEN'T HAD THIS LATEST AFFLICTION FOR VERY LONG, SO AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT. I ORDERED THE PATIENTS GUIDE ON THIS SITE, AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING IT.

I READ SOME OF THE MESSAGES ON THE BOARD BEFORE SIGNING ON, AND FOUND THE ONES IN WHICH PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THE LONLINESS OF THIS ILLNESS MOST FAMILIAR. I THINK THAT'S ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS ABOUT AN ILLNESS LIKE THIS. IT'S HARD TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY, ENJOYING THEMSELVES, AND GOING OUT WHILE YOU'RE LEFT BEHIND. EITHER BY CHOICE OR BECAUSE OF NOT BEING THE LIFE OF THE PARTY. I AM A NATURTALIST PHOTGRAPHER IN TRAINING, AND GET COMFORT FROM GOING OUT IN MOTHER NATURE. THEY'RE NOT WRONG ABOUT COMFOTING MUSIC EITHER. I FIND THAT VERY HELPFUL TO ON THOSE REALLY DOWN, BEDRIDDEN DAYS. WRITING IN A JOURNAL HELPS TO. THEERE ARE STILL THOSE DAYS WHEN NOTHING EXCEPT A GOOD CRY MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER. I WAS JUST HAVING A DAY LIKE THAT WHEN I FOUND YOUR BOARD. MY FAMILY TRYS TO UNDERSTAND. I HAVEN'T BEEN AN EASY DAUGHTER OR SISTER TO LIVE WITH SINCE I WAS 14. CAUSE IT'S BEEN ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER. IT'S STILL HARD BEING THE ONLY ONE IN THE FAMILY WITH THESE PROBLEMS. EVEN WITH THEIR HELP YOU STILL FEEL ALONE SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND.

ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. I HOPE THIS MESSAGE ISN'T TOO LONG.

AUTUMN
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Welcome to the board. Glad that you found us, though.

I have noticed that many people with FMS have many other problems as well. I started with fragmented
    disc in back in 88, and now have degenerative
    disc disease, scoliosis, failed back surgery; acid
    reflux; hiatal hernia; polycystic ovarian disease; sluder's syndrome; allergies, the list goes on and on.
    I was diagnosed with FMS in 94 and for me it
    has gotten progressively worse.

This board is nice because I can relate to others and they also can relate to me. I don't feel like I am the only one who spends weeks in bed when I come here.
    It helps with the feeling all alone stuff.

I hope you find this board helpful.
    Lynn
  3. Echo2

Echo2 New Member

Hi there, Autumn
    I am just as new as you, reading things over and I see that you have the Grave's disease. Did you have a physical trauma before the rest, like an accident or something? I did. I did have TMJ since I was a teen, though. I had been looking at this board for a couple of months before I got up enough courage to post. Everyone seems so caring here, and they truly know what the pain is really like. That alone is such a comfort. Not to mention all the other information here. Let's hope we both get bunches better!

Sending sunshine,
    Echo2
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

that's one reason it's hard for some docs to understand. Hypothyroid me just dxed 3 months ago. We are disabled due to it all and FMS is now being said to be progressive. We can attest to that. Those guides are great and we hand them out to and at all docs offices and everyother store etc we can. Keep on expressing and cry when you want and enjoy Mother nature, I get a high just sitting on my deck looking at the trees, life and our stream. Not Life of the party, they leave you behind. There loss for you sound like a really great person. We don't go out more then 1 or 2 times per year. If the others don't like it and they don't, to bad that's just the way it is. Just pace yourself and don't od. Not too long at all.

Again glad you are here, Kim and Gary
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Autumn, welcome to our world. It sure seems you have had your share of problems for one so young.

Glad you found us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have found lots of info on this board, it is a blessing, sometimes like looking in a mirror! Welcome. Fondly, June