New idea of treatment for FM......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Revella, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Revella

Revella New Member

I have received information about a Chiropractor near here who has been researching Fibro for several years. He is doing a study with Fibro patients with a treatment plan he is developing. I went to see if I could get in on the study, because I've go to have some help! He told me that from everything he can read and some of it was research from the late 1800's and early 1900's, that he believes that fibro is caused by a fatiqued adrenal gland. He says trauma and stress over a period of time cause the adrenal gland to not function properly. He has started a nutritional plan, along with adjustments that he does, and after a period of time he adds an adrenal gland supplement. He says he has had an 80% success rate with the ones who have tried his program.
    I don't know if it will help, but if they call and say I have been excepted into his study, I'm going to try it. I'm tired of being tired and hurting all the time.
    Has anyone else heard of or tried similar treatment?
    Revella
  2. Ceceliaskye

Ceceliaskye New Member

Hi there. I wonder if your Doctor has a website available? I would be very interested in his nutritional plan etc..
    I had a Naturopath tell me a few years ago that my adrenals were exhausted. Now Fibromyalgia!! Dr John Lee talks about this a bit in his book "What your Doctor may not tell you about pre-menopause" I hope they call you, it sounds like a good thing :)
  3. Revella

Revella New Member

I don't know if he has a website or not. He didn't go into details about the nutrition program. I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm really hoping I will. It will mean driving about 100 miles round trip, three times a week at first which will be tough, But if I can get any relief at all it will be worth it! I'll try to keep in touch with you and others about what all it involves if or when I find out.
    I know we are ALL TIRED of this DD.

Revella
  4. Revella

Revella New Member

a little skeptical also, but this is a new program, and 80% might not mean very many. I hope I don't have the problems you had Lynn, I'm sorry they didn't help you. They may not help me either but, you all know that you get to the point you will try about anything to get some relief. I agree, Bob, a little help would beat nothing. Keep praying!
    Revella
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Also look up the website of Dr. gerald Poesnecker. He has been treating FMS/CFS by this theory for 45 yrs. and will treat via e-mail. I think he has hit on the biggest piece of the puzzle and have been following his program combined with the program of Dt. Teitlebaum, Dr. Bruce Rind, Dr. Lowe and Dr. Russell Roby, all of whom have websites. There are many who feel this is a large part of our problem.
    I am about 8 weeks into the program, and am feeling better than I've felt at any time in the more than 17 yrs. I've been sick.
    Klutzo
  6. lailal

lailal New Member

I am convinced after 20 years of FM/CFS that the cause is associated with the adrenal glands. In my case it is an over production of adrenalin causing severe fatigue, exhaustion, poor sleep resulting in muscle pain, spasms and irregular and rapid heart beat. I have been on Inderal(Beta Blocker) for years and find I feel a lot better with this. When I don't use it I notice a huge difference. This in combination with an SSRI in the morning and 10 mg. of Elavil for sleep has kept me on a fairly even level....although I do have relapses if I get overly stressed, which of course causes the release of more adrenalin and the domino affect begins. It is a vicious spiral.
    Best to all,
    Leila
  7. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

You might also want to read the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause," by Dr. John Lee. He believes that a large segment of the population is suffering from estrogen dominance and that this is causing chronic fatigue in some people. Estrogen dominance is a hormone imbalance leading to any number of problems. He especially notes that in estrogen dominance progestrone levels are low. Because progesterone is absolutely essential for the formation of corticosteroids/adrenal hormones produced by the adrenals any deficiency or imbalance of progesterone must be corrected in order for your adrenals to work efficiently.
  8. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

All this talk of adrenal fatigue has me interested. I read the back-posts on this subject and intend to look into it. I have noticed for a long time that when I get excited about something, like finding this site, the adrenalin just shoot up like geyser. I hate that. I read somewhere, years ago, that people can be "allergic to adrenalin" and that adrenalin surges make them very ill. So that's what I've been thinking could be my problem, but the adrenal fatigue issue is new to me - as is so much else I find here.

JoAnn
  9. Revella

Revella New Member

This is not a study such as is done be the medical world when they give placebos. He gives no medications. This is a study he is doing himself with his patients. Yes, I have checked on the success, I feel like the fact that he has had 2 patients who were so bad that they were in a wheel chair and they are up walking again speaks pretty well for what he is doing. THis is not a new Dr. that I've happened up on, he has treated my son, grandson, ex-daughter-in-law, and some others I know.
    racwhite, I think you are sounding a little "testy" but we all do occassionally. I guess according to your definition of study, I used the wrong word. But he is keeping records of improvements etc....
  10. Revella

Revella New Member

who has replied, thanks for the information. I"m glad to hear that it has helped you klutzo. I will try to keep you all aware of what I find out and whether or not it works. I haven't heard from them yet but think I will. I may check with them tomorrow since I'll be near there.

Revella
  11. endoangel

endoangel New Member

I was reading Klutzo's response and was wondering about the web sites you mentioned such as Russell Roby. Have you tried any of his treatments or did you just happen to see it and recommed it? I was thinking about doing sublingual drops and wondred if you heard of this guy.
    enodpain@ev1.net
  12. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am on the progesterone drops. Like he says on his website, it took only 30 mins. after my first dose, for most of my symptoms to go away and my mood to improve. I had my first normal day in years that day. The effect is not as strong now, because I didn't know how to use the dropper that first time, and gave myself an overdose. I am going to ask my doc if I can take a higher dose, since taking more made me feel so great.
    I don't think progesterone drops alone would have done it for me though, which is why I recommended some of those other sites. Thyroid medicine is absolutely essential for me. Many of us also need help with our adrenals. Look at the back posts on the subject for info.
    Klutzo
  13. endoangel

endoangel New Member

Did you go see him or were you able to get the drops by mail? Maybe you are in Texas as I am. I have seen his web site and sometimes I think it is to good to be true. What other recomendations did he have for you? Are you just on the progesterone or other drops? Thanks so much for the information. I want to hear more. Does your doc agree with his treatment plan?
    Endopain
  14. lucydoodle

lucydoodle New Member

Hi There,

I was looking through and saw your post. I have an appt. to see Dr. Roby in two weeks and would like to know your opinion about it. It will cost $1500 and that will cover two appt.s and the testing - bloodwork and the 3 months supply.. Does it work, is it worth it? I can swing the fee but don't want to throw more money out the door... I hope you can illuminate this for me as I am very confused and willing to try anything.

Thanks.

Lucydoodle
  15. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Revella

I have been seeing an herbalist who feels my adrenal function is really bad. I am taking an adrenal formula to help that as well as other herbs to help my immune system and liver function.

Good luck with your new Chiropractor. You won't know if it helps until you try it. Keep us posted on what his treatment plan is.

hugs Redwillow
  16. Nicole2777

Nicole2777 New Member

Has anyone read, "the diet cure"? I forget the author but it was her or the "the maker's diet" guy that I read about adrenal fatigue. It is interesting. I might google it some.
  17. Nicole2777

Nicole2777 New Member

Has anyone read, "the diet cure"? I forget the author but it was her or the "the maker's diet" guy that I read about adrenal fatigue. It is interesting. I might google it some.