New Info? Post Polio, CFS, FMS......................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissM, Oct 4, 2002.

1. MissM

MissM New Member

I'e been watching a news talk show with a guest named Dr. Richard Bruno about his book The Polio Paradox What you need to know. Right at the top of the discussion, they started talking about the links/similarities to CFS and FMS and other similar syndromes/diseases.

Here's a link about the book:

(Edited by Moderator)

Its not a medical suppliment site so I hope its okay to post the link. There are also links on the page to more info about PPS/Post Polio Syndrome.

This seems like something worth more investigation and perhaps a way to more publicity. There's apparently already been a Public Service Announcement made about PPS (last year) and CBS has agreed to air it.
  2. MissM

MissM New Member

I'e been watching a news talk show with a guest named Dr. Richard Bruno about his book The Polio Paradox What you need to know. Right at the top of the discussion, they started talking about the links/similarities to CFS and FMS and other similar syndromes/diseases.

Here's a link about the book:

(Edited by Moderator)

Its not a medical suppliment site so I hope its okay to post the link. There are also links on the page to more info about PPS/Post Polio Syndrome.

This seems like something worth more investigation and perhaps a way to more publicity. There's apparently already been a Public Service Announcement made about PPS (last year) and CBS has agreed to air it.
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

not the source you are mentioning but the same facts. Quite a few places.

I think in Jeff Rense website and also on the clickitnews website under emerging diseases section. That is some scary stuff.

Jaci

Can you let us know about CBS?
  4. MissM

MissM New Member

(through the fog) to post if I see the PSA on CBS. Its with the guy (who's name I can't remember) that plays the lead in the new show "Hack" on CBS.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had others as well. My stepsister had Polio as a child and has health problems now. She is on oxygen.

More and more researchers are looking at other illnesses with overlapping syndromes with CFS and FMS.

There is an article on our Home Page here about the blurring of lines among different types of CFS and whether or not this blurring is serving the welfare of sufferers and the research of our illnesses.

Conditions as diverse as ADHD, anorexia, Lupus, MS, Parkinson's Disease, and PPS are all being looked at under the same "microscope" to try to determine whether there is some common ground to research.

Love, Mikie