new int ME guidelines site mitochondrial papers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simpsons, Jul 23, 2011.

1. simpsons

simpsons Member

i have always believed as has dr bell and cheney myhill that mitochondrial disfunction is very important and many have found that supporting and understanding this malfunction is very important in treating and dx

just to highlight these papers as many have said in the past here that these treatments are the only thing that works for them. although having said that they are prob using diet and other treatments for other area s of symptoms.

i strongly believe more research should be focused on this area and the viral effect on this process from entero viral infections which have a long history in ME.

9. Myhill S, Booth NE, McLaren-Howard J. Chronic fatigue syndrome and mitochondrial dysfunction. Int J Clin Exp Med 2009; 2: 1-16. [PMID: 19436827]

10. Pieczenik SR, Neustadt J. Mitochondrial dysfunction and molecular pathways of disease. ExpMolPathol2007;83:84-92. [PMID:17239370]

11. Behan WM, More IA, Behan PO. Mitochondrial abnormalities in the postviral fatigue syndrome. Acta Neuropathol 1991; 83: 61-5. [PMID: 1792865]