New Jersey members

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Muddieanne, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

In reading the post about lack of support groups I noticed several of us are in N.J. The group I belonged to several years ago in Cranford [Union Co.] fell apart a long time ago.

Because we are in the most densely populated state and driving here is brutal,I wouldn't suggest an in person group but are any of you interested in talking on the phone?

If this is not allowed,please excuse me. Otherwise, if you Jersey girls or guys are interested would you reply to this post?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2005]
  2. FM58

FM58 New Member

Muddieanne,

Sure, How about just exchanging emails first. We can get to know each other that way better first.

I have a great friend I met on another board, she lives near Albany NY & we've now stayed at each other's homes. Now we don't all have to necessarily go THAT far- LOL!

But certainly we can go into the chat room, wherever that is? I really don't have a clue - I guess click on live chat? Then exchang e-mails there. Whoever feels comfortable can exchang phone #'s. Right now, I'm trying to cut expenses Majorly! So if I can e-mail & not make a toll call, I will when I can - or use my cell on weekends -LOL!

I'm still waiting for a hearing before a judge for my SSD. So, Muddieanne, I'm looking forward to "meeting" you & the other Jersey girls & guys. BTW, I'm near Morristown.

Hugs,
    Patty

3. JerseySue

JerseySue New Member

idea. I know it's very difficult to find any support groups in Jersey. I guess we would have to go through support tech as far as exchanging any emails. I don't know if they allow this.
    Maybe someone else has an idea to go about doing this.
    Gentle Hugs Sue
  4. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Here I am!

You would think the most affluent and densley populated state would have support groups...but we don't.

In fact, I notice from being on this board that we here in NJ have it pretty rough in regards to great doctors, centers and alternative care for CFS/FMS.

I wonder why that is??

Not to mention how expensive it is here to see a accupuncturist/massage therapist/chiropractor, etc etc. $80 a week? I don't think so.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2005]
  5. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

I don't know how to get started.I have tried to get into chat&couldn't do it.I'm greatly lacking in computer skills.

I think I remember that you have gone to Dr. Davis in Morristown, so have I, but not currently. He is a wonderful man. He spoke to the support group that existed in Cranford.

I see that JerseySue and leenerbups responded,too. Let's keep this topic going because I know that there are many more of us from N.J. on this board.

Marie

6. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi Anne, Dr Richard Podell is very close to you. I have beeen his patient for quite awhile now and he not only is an EXPERT on CFS/FM etc, he is a writer, teacher and radio talk show guest (sunday nights) on the subjects.

Maybe look at his website.

DR PODELL has two locations in NJ and a website.

drpodell.org

105 Morris Ave suite 200 Springfield NJ 07081 973.218.9191
    and
    53 Kossuth Street Somerset NJ 08873 732.565.9224

Good luck and Peace
  7. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

He is pretty close to me too, and I thought of going to see him. I went to his website and saw he did not take Medicare, so that is out. Ican't afford to pay out of pocket.
  8. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

i'm originally from NJ... i'm in PA for school, in Pittsburgh.. there is a fibro and fatigue center here... and one in philly... philly is a bit of a drive.. but it might be worth it to check it out... it's nto too terrible i used to do it often... fibroandfatigue.com is their site.. they also offer stuff for people not in the areas they are located in... it's worth the toll free call.. GOOD LUCK!
  9. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

There are many listed on Immune Support's website - go to Community the Support Groups and that should take you there. Also the National Fibromyalgia Assoc. has two listed on their website. The Arthritis Foundation also can provide a list of groups....local hospitals can also be a source of info about support groups in your area. Don't limit yourself to CFS/FMS groups - many chronic illness groups can help with coping skills, etc.
  10. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

Dr.Podell is near me,too. I called his office a few years ago and was told to bring a check[at that time for $250] for visit and that he doesn't take insurance.I checked again on his site--no Medicare accepted. That is it for me.

I do have a good,understanding young internist who treats me.At least I have him and the heck with the other one.

I think the younger drs.have currentinfo on fibro and don't dismiss it as some older ones do. The one rheumatologistI went to did diagnose me,too but was of no help at all.

Any people in N.J. please join in and can anyone explain to me how to use chat room? It is beyond my computer ability.

Marie
  11. fificat

fificat New Member

i live in delaware about 15 mins from NJ and would love to chat with you guys ....

sharlie
  12. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I hate chat rooms and have an aversion to the phone that is kind of weird.

But I would love it if we could keep each other updated on who, what and where we have found help and success in NJ.

Maybe through this thread, keeping this thread alive?
  13. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Haave any of you been involved with the NJCFSA? They are having a conference in NJ November 2005 09/09/05 in Eatontown, NJ for November 5, 2005? Understand Drs. Susan Levine & Paul Cheney will be speaking.

The NJCFSA website has info.

i live near Philly & am considering attending.
  14. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I just found a practice via the Holistic Physician directory THAT TAKES MEDICARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND they have a acupuncturist!!

They are in Stockton

http://www.stocktonfp.com/
  15. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Looks like most of you are in the northern part of the state! I live in Mercer County, between Trenton and Princeton. Anyone else in that general area?

I've visited a Dr Katz in Bucks County PA -- he has one office near Sesame Place in Langhorne PA. He's pretty good, but I've stayed with my PCD because he's a much closer drive for me. Driving is one of those things that's very difficult for me.

I'll keep an eye on this thread...

Mar
  16. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

You were one of the first people who welcomed me here about a year ago. I always look for your posts. No,I don't live near you.

I have a difficult time driving because my neck hurts so much being in a driving position. I read ephemera's post about the conference in Eatontown and know I could never drive there. Also, I'm guessing it's all day and the thought of spending all day anywhere but home in my recliner,alternating ice packs and heating pad is too much for me.

Only those of us w/fibro and/or CFS can understand our limitations. I am so happy to be a member of this board.I'm glad to know you and the other "Jersey Girls" and members from all over the US and a couple of other countries.

Marie
  17. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I remember when you joined this board! I'm glad that you've stayed.

I know exactly how you feel about driving/going anyplace. I'd love to have a support group -- trouble is, not many of us would be able to make it! LOL (gotta laugh, or you'll cry, right?)

A lot of the time I can't even sit at the computer -- not enough energy, too much pain!

Thanks for your remarks -- I'll be keeping my eye on this thread, maybe there is someone close to you and also to me.

These DD's really are tough. This Saturday, dh and I are booked to fly to TX to see our first granddaughter. I want so badly to be with her and with my own DD, but... well you now how horrible the traveling time is going to be.

Thursday and Friday I was so fatigued and had so much pain I wasn't even able to sit upright for more than a few minutes at a time.

I've been praying, and have a lot of others praying for me. Times like this I really wish that the old Star Trek gizmo was real.... Beam me up, Scotty! LOL

good night for now....

Love and blessings
    Mar