New! Just Me, with a Plea.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ranger, Aug 14, 2003.

1. ranger

ranger New Member

How do other people recover from "overdoing it"? I was fortunate enough to get a vacation this summer, with my hubby and kids. I was hurtin' before, during and after, especially after. But I had fun and got to do all I wanted to, despite pain. Meds helped. Now I'm staying in flare mode, despite resting more, and back up meds. I use to be able to walk better, bend better, and feel okay once in a while. Any more suggestions? I have been reading what you have told other people, as it helped me too. But I'm stuck in the 'I'm dying' mode, when realistically it's probably my FMS.

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2003]
  2. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I am also experiencing a major flare up! I feel for you! I am in the "I am dying" but also in the "i wish I would die" phase...asking myself also "When will this end?" It is so hard...to live everyday...wishing to feel how I felt when I was well. I hope your flare up will not be for long......you are not alone.
  3. ranger

ranger New Member

I did skip a few activities and some were shortened, so I suppose I helped myself then. Right now my dog is sick and I'm having to take care of her round the clock. Surgery and subsequent infection...I know I don't get the rest I require. Although I am glad I went. I have valuable memories and I can think of that while I'm unable to have activity now. Luckily my 12 year old son is able to help a little with the dog and other things.