New Kid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissRachel, Jul 9, 2003.

1. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this message board, but I am not a stranger to FMS. I have been suffering for 7 years now.
    I am a horticulture student at Kemptville College (Ontario, Canada). I had to quit my summer job at the greenhouse because it was too much for me :( I am having the longest flare up yet. I have finally, after 100's of visits to my GP,got the pain relief I need! (he hates prescribing narcotics). Hopefully the meds will pull me out of this flare.

I am so happy to have found this board. To know that i'm not alone makes a work of difference.

Rachel
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Rachel:

Sorry to hear that your having an awful flare, can relate just starting come out of one, boy do they take the wind out of my sails. Welcome aboard, I think you will find alot of people here that are helpful. Many fellow canadians to often post here as well. Hope you feel better soon. keep us posted. LOL

Suz

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Rachel, welcome to the board. So sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

My son is a Horticulturist, hard work for someone with FM. But very rewarding work, its so wonderful to work with plants.

Take care, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

and welcome, Rachel from another Canadian in Ontario. I am sure that you find a lot of valuable information and support on this board ... and will also meet some other Canadians who are active members.
    Kind regards, Lucky

P.S. Could you pls. tell me where Kemptville is, is it close to Ottawa?
  5. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Welcome to the board!
    mitch
  6. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

Its nice to find a place where we all belong... I've had FM for years, but was just dx about two months ago... what a nightmare, thought i was going crazy... sorry to hear about your flare. this is a great place to get so much info and make friends. take care, and God bless, Iggy
  7. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi Lucky,

Kemptville is 50 km south of Ottawa. It is a very small town. I live 20 km east of Kemptville in the small village of Vernon - population 100. Really tiny compared to Mississauga. I love the peace and quite and the joys of having no nieghbours (unless you count the cow!).

As you can imagine it is hard getting addiquitte care in a small town, even Ottawa doesn't have much to offer. I was lucky enough to find a FMS doctor in Ottawa, it was a 3 year battle, but I made it!

How are the doctors in Mississauga/Toronto area?

Rachel
  8. lucky

lucky New Member

Sorry to report that there is not much help in Toronto either, forget about Mississauga. But, I believe there is the Nightingale Research Foundation (which is run by Dr. Barron Hyde), mind you, he is more into CFS/ME, who might be able to help you locating a doctor, or the ME Action Group which you can find on the Internet and who are also located in Ottawa. Also, it is worthwhile to check the co-cure good doctor list.
    Good luck with your search, Lucky