new kind of hip pain.help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 14, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

does/ anyone else have these.tender spot,s right on top of the hip bone? I sleep on my side and now I started to have this pain and tender on top of my hip bone ,its very tender to touch and I can"t lay on my sides so I"m not getting very much sleep has anyone else had this and what did you do to help it, thanks sixtyslady
  2. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi sweetie yup i have hip pain so bad like you i cant sleep.i also lay on my side and it will wake me up it gets so bad also cant touch it and walking? please! walking becomes unbearable,we have no inser right now so i cant see a dr about it or anything eles intill we get some,so i assume its all fibro,sorry i cant help with this but please know you are not alone,i hope that thought at least makes you feel a little bit better,take care,angelkisses
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I hope I don"t have to get a new mattress,I have it in the day time also but its just more painful when I lay down.
    I can"t sleep on my back or stomach so its very distressing.
    Thanks sixtyslady
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but I also have a temperpedic mattress that eased the pain alot.linda
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yeppers. In fact I was just discussing it today with my chiro. He had a name for it, he did some quick adjusting - and I feel more comfortable. We'll see what tomorrow brings. It's from my spine, he says. Aging, not moving the joints as much as they want to be moved to stay healthy.

Marta
  6. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Please we all should be mooned sometimes it helps to laugh you know,and thanks for the tip i'll have to look into that but i have to be carfull because my skin is so sensitive to so many things iam not even sure i could use those,take care and have a moondafull day,lolangelkisses
  7. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

I just went to my rheumatologist last week and told him about my hip pain getting worse. He knew exactly where to touch and I about went off the table when he pushed on it!! He said it was a trigger point. He suggested a trigger point injection. I said YES! It didn't hurt at all. It was a very thin needle (but long). He explained that it goes down into the bursa. It helped greatly. If you get the injection, though, just make sure it's exactly on the trigger point.
  8. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

My rheumy,I don't think really undestands fibro, and I"m just to wore out to teach him about it.

do you every feel you have to teach the Drs about your illness. if you get one that will listen to you.
    I just get so discouraged that I just don"t go back,

I don"t have the energy to even tell them how I feel.
    thanks for the replies. sixtyslady